IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Paint Fill Removal

Note: This thread is 4812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was looking for any suggestions or tip people have on removing paint fill from a Scotty Cameron Studio Select.  I have a Newport that had a little bit of one of the front circle loose some of the paint fill.  I figured I would that opprotunity to change the fill colors on the rest of the putter along with these circles.  Obviously the fill in the circles is pretty easy, but the lettering is much tougher.  Will take any suggestions or proven ideas people have.

Thanks!

I used a paint stripper gel that was a bright orange. I got it at Home Depot but I've seen it at places like Wal-Mart as well. It worked really well.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

i used lacquer thinner and a plastic scrub brush and most of the paint came right off on my studio style. for the hard to reach places i used an x-acto knife and was able to get everything off in about 10 min.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

Nail polish remover worked great for me. I filled it with green and white for a while because those were our school colors. Nothing should really damage the putter unless your using something that can eat metal.

taylormade.gif - R9 SuperTri TP 8.5˚ Driver
taylormade.gif - R9 TP 15˚ 19˚ Fairway Woods
nike.gif - VR Split Cavity 2-PW Irons
nike.gif - VR Black 52° 56° Wedges
cameron.gif - Newport 2 34" Putter

Originally Posted by JoshuaVnyrd1817

Nail polish remover worked great for me. I filled it with green and white for a while because those were our school colors. Nothing should really damage the putter unless your using something that can eat metal.

I will give this a try on the lettering.  Did you try and apply just to the paint fill areas or did you dip the whole putter into a bowl and let soak for some time period?

Used cotton squares my girlfriend had. I tried to just get the liquid on the painted areas, but I wasn't perfect. Took maybe 15 minutes. I filled mine with PPG Single Stage Automotive Paint. I used a medical dropper from the hospital and just wiped away the excess.

taylormade.gif - R9 SuperTri TP 8.5˚ Driver
taylormade.gif - R9 TP 15˚ 19˚ Fairway Woods
nike.gif - VR Split Cavity 2-PW Irons
nike.gif - VR Black 52° 56° Wedges
cameron.gif - Newport 2 34" Putter

Note: This thread is 4812 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!