Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IUHoosierMatt

Scotty Cameron Paint Fill Removal

7 posts in this topic

I was looking for any suggestions or tip people have on removing paint fill from a Scotty Cameron Studio Select.  I have a Newport that had a little bit of one of the front circle loose some of the paint fill.  I figured I would that opprotunity to change the fill colors on the rest of the putter along with these circles.  Obviously the fill in the circles is pretty easy, but the lettering is much tougher.  Will take any suggestions or proven ideas people have.

Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I used a paint stripper gel that was a bright orange. I got it at Home Depot but I've seen it at places like Wal-Mart as well. It worked really well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used lacquer thinner and a plastic scrub brush and most of the paint came right off on my studio style. for the hard to reach places i used an x-acto knife and was able to get everything off in about 10 min.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nail polish remover worked great for me. I filled it with green and white for a while because those were our school colors. Nothing should really damage the putter unless your using something that can eat metal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by JoshuaVnyrd1817

Nail polish remover worked great for me. I filled it with green and white for a while because those were our school colors. Nothing should really damage the putter unless your using something that can eat metal.



I will give this a try on the lettering.  Did you try and apply just to the paint fill areas or did you dip the whole putter into a bowl and let soak for some time period?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used cotton squares my girlfriend had. I tried to just get the liquid on the painted areas, but I wasn't perfect. Took maybe 15 minutes. I filled mine with PPG Single Stage Automotive Paint. I used a medical dropper from the hospital and just wiped away the excess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0