IGNORED

Stack and Tilt's Future

andef
Note: This thread is 4758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

bad journalism at its best.  Dealing in absolutes because the guy won years after abandoning ST.  I don't know what is worse for the poor guy, that or the fact that he will always be associated with some gimmicky swing system's name and not for his obvious skill on his own merit.  I bet he wishes he had never jumped aboard that ship.

Originally Posted by ddalet

bad journalism at its best.  Dealing in absolutes because the guy won years after abandoning ST.  I don't know what is worse for the poor guy, that or the fact that he will always be associated with some gimmicky swing system's name and not for his obvious skill on his own merit.  I bet he wishes he had never jumped aboard that ship.

Maybe some are not interested in what successful pros actually do; instead, they pay attention to what they say they do.

There appears to be a difference. But it does seem that elements of stack and tilt are seen more on the tour these days ... they just avoid the label.

___

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We are already seeing the future of "S&T;".  The principals of "stack and tilt" are being assimilated by other PGA professionals.  The swings on tour over the past couple of years have been more centered with less of a dramatic weight shift onto the rear leg.  With a few exceptions (Ryan Moore, etc) backswings are getting less steep, I'm seeing more "one plane" swings.

• Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• Administrator

Originally Posted by uttexas

We are already seeing the future of "S&T;".  The principals of "stack and tilt" are being assimilated by other PGA professionals.  The swings on tour over the past couple of years have been more centered with less of a dramatic weight shift onto the rear leg.  With a few exceptions (Ryan Moore, etc) backswings are getting less steep, I'm seeing more "one plane" swings.

Thumbs up for that post, yes. The next step will be pros learning how to turn their shoulders in a circle more and we'll see shoulder planes steepen gradually as well, I think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't understand how that "article" went from being about Aaron's win to a bash on this swing method.  Very strange to me, almost as if the writer has some type of bone to pick with S & T.

Perhaps he has tried it and it did not work for him.

nike.gifDymo Driver and Pro Combo Irons 
touredge.gif 3 & 5 Woods
odyssey.gif White Ice #9
srixon.gif Z-Star X Tour Yellow

Originally Posted by Dave2278

I don't understand how that "article" went from being about Aaron's win to a bash on this swing method.  Very strange to me, almost as if the writer has some type of bone to pick with S & T.

Perhaps he has tried it and it did not work for him.

Or, perhaps some Stack & Tilt guy cleans him out on a regular basis?

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by iacas

Thumbs up for that post, yes. The next step will be pros learning how to turn their shoulders in a circle more and we'll see shoulder planes steepen gradually as well, I think.

... but they won't call it S&T.;  For whatever reason people associate the name with some kind of gimmick or something, and that's really too bad.  The bottom line is that S&T; is a swing based on solid principals and the majority of those who use it (correctly, at least) improve.  It's unfortunate that the name has this kind of negative stigma with so many and I suspect that this is the reason that Foley says that what he teaches isn't S&T;, even though it is.  Maybe one day people will be able to look past the name and see the swing for what it is, obviously many pros have as Mike and Andy teach more than anybody.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Maybe we just ought to call it the "Centered Pivot Swing."

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think it was a bus. The one he's been thrown under in the graph on the website. Delete away.

Originally Posted by ddalet

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That has to one of the lamest articles I have ever seen by a "journalist". Was he born that dull I wonder or has he attained some sort of qualification in it?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I think it was a bus. The one he's been thrown under in the graph on the website. Delete away.

I tried deleting that guy's article, but it didn't work. Seems I'm not an admin on pgatour.com. Darn. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

The Morning Drive guys called it "Stack and Wilt" today. Clearly the party's over.

Stack and Wilt - clearly a reference to Kuselias' personnel file at the WWL, and what happens to his junk after another sexual harassment claim. Yes, he would be quite familiar with that . What a couple of tools.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Those who can do, do.  Those who can't do teach.  Those who can't teach or do, become Journalist.  Those who can't even write become radio talk show hosts.

Your first mistake was to read the article.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Those who can do, do.  Those who can't do teach.  Those who can't teach or do, become Journalist.  Those who can't even write become radio talk show hosts.

Your first mistake was to read the article.

Awww crap. I hosted a radio talk show in college! It's all been downhill since then! :-)

I've got no dog in this hunt either, but it's probably been a while since a sports scribbler has insulted so many players, both amateur and professional, using words of such light weight as Shedloski.  That takes real talent, of a kind.

Perhaps he is only interested in stirring up controversay.  More and more journalists act as if that is their main mission.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I agree with most of what's been posted on here. It seems like this journalist had something against stack and tilt and has tried to use two examples (Aaron and Mike Weir) as players who have been more successful after going away for this swing. I think it's funny how he hasn't even bothered mentioning players who have been successful with it and are using it on tour. If I'm not mistaken, both Charlie Wi and Dean Wilson (not sure they're the ones with the S&T; swing) are making a decent living on the PGA Tour with the S&T.;

• Administrator

Originally Posted by andef

I agree with most of what's been posted on here. It seems like this journalist had something against stack and tilt and has tried to use two examples (Aaron and Mike Weir) as players who have been more successful after going away for this swing.

Small point, too, but to this point Aaron and Mike have not been "more successful" after leaving Bennett/Plummer. Weir finished almost DFL in the same event (CUT) and Badds MCed the week after, badly... so where's the article about how bad his current swing is for his game?

Note: This thread is 4758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!