IGNORED

My Swing (Damian)

Damian
Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Time to gear up for the 2011 season.  Figured I would record my practice session, since I havent done so in a while.  Ball striking felt great but noticed alot of things that need working on.

Damian

You have a pretty dang good swing plane. Where are most of your misses? Your take back is sometimes a little bit underneath the plane it should be on but all in all pretty good. You may need to extend your right arm and point it more toward your target on the follow through. Looks good. I am curious to know where you miss when you do? Do you ever have a tendancy to pull your driver left? Not a hook but more like a straight ball pull.

Thanks for checking my swing out.  9 out of 10 times my misses will be right.  And most of my shots too.  I think it has something to do with what you said about extending my right arm out toward the target. The downswing as a whole I've never really been good with. Do you know of any drills to work on my right arm through impact?

The driver I will straight pull sometimes, but not on a consistent basis.  Sometimes straight and sometimes right.  Never really any pattern there.

Really nice swing.  With a face on view, I'd be able to see how far forward you get your left hip and get a better view of your back and arm extension into impact.  What I can see from the DTL view is that I don't think you are quite getting your hips forward enough.  Thus at impact, you don't quite fully extend your arms and back enough into impact and follow through.  I think you are very close, just not quite there.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

your swings are great in this video, but you're probably missing balls to the right because your bodyweight is a little too close to the ball, and you get up on your toes a bit. i'd like to see you straighten your back near the top, as it's a bit arched. i like that your swing is pretty easy without being slow, and it helps keep you pretty balanced, but i would recommend getting your butt out over your heels a little further and straightening your back at the top, to really get your weight down on the middle of your feet throughout the swing. this will also force a little more bend in both your knees and hips.

check out sergio garcia's posture at address. notice how his butt is further back from the ball and his center of mass (of his body) is directly over the middle of his feet, rather than back on his heels or up on his toes:

Sergio Address

you can also see how sergio's head is very still throughout his backswing and through impact, but your head moves both up+down and back+forth throughout your swing a bit. if you get your head still, you'll be able to prevent mishits that come from your bodyweight getting displaced in your backswing, which are the mishits that cause substantial pushes and pulls.

Note: This thread is 4776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!