IGNORED

nike method putter

Note: This thread is 4240 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

http://thesandtrap.com/products/nike-method-putter/owners

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have just put my 004 model on ebay.  It is a good looking club and feels great but I found it hard to judge distance and wasn't making any putts with it.  My last round I switched back to my red x and it felt so natural, I made some putts with it too.  After that round I knew the method just wasn't for me.  I think part of the reason it didn't work was due to the blade style head, I need a longer alignment line like you get on a mallet to help me line up correctly.

adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Originally Posted by bigbear43

just wondering if anyone has a nike method putter and what your thoughts are on it

I had a Nike Method 004 but I found that I prefer a two-ball putter so I put the Method on ebay.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

I have Method model 005. I absolutely love it!!! Best putter ive ever used. And that's coming from a Scotty Cameron guy… Well, former Scotty Cameron guy… Haha. The feel is awesome! The distance control is very manageable. And all the tech and the forward roll, etc… is no lie. There's no skip or jump off the face. I will agree with a statement above that it is difficult to aim sometimes. But I find a lot of putters on the market difficult to aim.

I do not think that the new Nike Method is as good as the previous ones. There is an obvious price difference between them, but when I tried the new one I did not like it.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I have the Method 001 and I love it.  I feel very confident with it, and it is easy to handle imho.   It also looks great.

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

I have the 002 at 33" and find it to be everything my SC is with a quicker roll. Easy to align & good distance control with a very smooth roll. I will rotate with my SC Fastback 1.5 this year, but the 002 will be the starter.

• 1 year later...

... Have had many putters {SeeMore, Scotty, and more} - Tried the Nike Method 005 [ small mallet with the "expensive" insert, not the plastic one] - this putter is phenominal.  It immediately encouraged a smoother stroke - really got all the putts in or close - sticker was $299 - seen it for $249 - got it on eBay  [new] for less and very happy.  Good stroking..Tomm

TwoUp

After trying nearly every putter in the market my obvious choice based on feel was the nike method. And i knew that at setup :)

The Scotty compared to the Nike felt clicky to me. With putters its a personal feel that counts and I had that from the get go with nike method 001. Even before hitting a ball with it I felt so good in the hands at setup. And now after so many rounds with it I feel its going to be with me forever:)

The combination of Nike method and Titleist proV1 is hard to beat.

This putter is really nice, had one before, then went to a scotty and now BACK!

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

I almost bought a Method but found the feel of it to be too clicky for me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I tried about ten putters at my local store, Cameron's, pings, etc...method for me was more accurate in distance and lines, just matched me I guess, just out of my price range. I still use a chipshot.com brass blade I got for free during the dot com boom :p

The Method 001 has been the only putter I've liked more than my SC Newport.  I put it in my bag about a year ago along with a new set of irons.  For me, it's the easiest putter I've ever used in terms of distance control.  The alignment dot has taken some getting used to but, for me, distance control has always been my main issue.  I can't say that I hole any more putts than I used to outside of 10 feet, but I have dramtically lowered my 3 putts per round  overall putts per round.

As a side note...the Nike360 app and website are amazing.  You've got to check it out.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Note: This thread is 4240 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!