IGNORED

Martin Ayers

Note: This thread is 3804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Martin,

I purchased your video and have enjoyed multiple viewings.

One thing I notice is that if I wind the 'hulk' way, I generally get a big power fade quite easily without conscious clubhead 'release'.

If I wind the 'alternate' way, I generally get a right-to-left flight.  Lower, probably due to a more easily bowed left wrist?

Do you find that typical?  I tried implementing it on the course yesterday (switching feels for shot shape) and did not have much success (unlike the range with multiple attempts to get 'feel').  Probably a bad idea?

Both methods work at the range for me however, with a few swings to switch.  Felt like I got a little more pop from the 'hulk' windup.  Easy full (75% or so) wedge swings were the biggest boon - felt like Freddie Couples tempo, with massive smash, no effort, greenfinders..

Any tips for hitting a draw from the 'hulk' windup?  Should I be focusing on release, or just angle of attack, or something else?

NVM, Martin..  I figured it out on another viewing - nothing to do with winding, obviously..  I was directing the 'energy' in the wrong direction..  When I direct it in the way you show in the video - wow..  now I'm hitting straight balls out of the driving range..  have never hit one out of the park..    I have never hit the ball with this much 'smash' so easily..  and I might be the world's worst swing  tinkerer.  Thanks for the video.  I know everybody can benefit from the video, but I really think this gives decent mid-cappers whose ballstriking is holding them back the keys to the low-capper kingdom..

• 4 months later...

How would you rate Martin Ayers video?  I'm thinking about purchasing it.  I don't understand some of his clips on youtube but when I put my right had in the power position I was hitting the ball really straight. I didn't get any more distance but I couldn't miss a shot today.

Any feed back would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

YOUR SWING IS REPEATABLE, IT IS SIMPLE,  IT IS POWERFUL, IT IS ACCURATE…I AM RH, I PLACE MY LEFT HAND ON TOP OF THE GRIP, PALM DOWN…I SMACK THE HELL OUT OF IT…GOOD BACKSPIN…COMPLETELY RELAXING SWING

I AM 77, i have shot a 74 1 month ago

YOUR SWING IS REPEATABLE, IT IS SIMPLE,  IT IS POWERFUL, IT IS ACCURATE…I AM RH, I PLACE MY LEFT HAND ON TOP OF THE GRIP, PALM DOWN…I SMACK THE HELL OUT OF IT…GOOD BACKSPIN…COMPLETELY RELAXING SWING I AM 77, i have shot a 74 1 month ago

Good score, if it works..than go for it

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

He's shouting because he's 77 and there's kids on his lawn...

Now that is funny.,I can't stop laughing

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

I MUST SHOUT FOR THE SIMPLICITY THAT MARTIN HAS BROUGHT TO THE GOLF SWING….OF ALL THE BS THE PGA COMES UP WITH, TO SWING A CLUB, TURN THIS, DONT TURN THIS, ROTATE, DONT ROTATE…MARTINS PLAN IS SMOOTH and DELIBERATE..5 MIN and you have the Idea

I MUST SHOUT FOR THE SIMPLICITY THAT MARTIN HAS BROUGHT TO THE GOLF SWING….OF ALL THE BS THE PGA COMES UP WITH, TO SWING A CLUB, TURN THIS, DONT TURN THIS, ROTATE, DONT ROTATE…MARTINS PLAN IS SMOOTH and DELIBERATE..5 MIN and you have the Idea

THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP. HOW'S YOUR HEARING? DO WE ALL NEED TO SHOUT OR JUST YOU?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wish it was that simple..( 5 mins) .. I did his program for a year and couldn't do it. It took me another 6 months working with his #1 prodigy ( via email after email after email and phone call after phone call after call and text after text after text) to finally understand it. I do agree with a lot of it now, but being easy and simple I disagree. We all learn differently, and martins teachings are so radical compared to what is out there. Does it work? Yes.. Will it work for everyone? I would honestly say no..Does it take a lot of relearning and a lot of hard hard work? Yes. He has 2 ways of doing it (standard twirl/ with moving with out moving) , which led to a generation of people missing high and right.. (Alt twirl/ shovel method/ with moving with out moving) which is actually easier to grasp for casual golfers like me. I find a lot of his videos and work ingenious now, but when I was in the program I was confused and frustrated by my lack of getting his info. So 5 minutes is hard for me to believe. Took me almost 2 years..but I at least get it now I understand working against the swing..and moving with out moving concept Still great playing..hope it leads to more good scores for you Chris

Oops.. Terms I loved from Martin Jbar Moving without moving Working against the swing Shaving the tree Saturday Night Fever Left and Right Axis Working Against the swing Sure a lot more..but I get them now.. Very strange names..but true when u study his stuff

Chris, i did not copy his move exactly, but the left wrist and right hand on take away are very close, looking straight ahead and relaxed, my arms move my shoulders and body , the spine is relatively straight up, swing my hands directly at the ball from the top …not complicated at all.

What's with all the whispering?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!