IGNORED

Anyone else have an affinity for clubs from the "lesser known" manufaturers?

Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by golfernc

I agree 100 percent. I work at a golf academy, and we see so many people come in with brand new " big box" clubs, that they were fit to and the clubs are all over the place..( shaft flex, frequency, lies. lofts..) the quality is just sometimes pretty poor. I know its because the big companies just cant have the same tolerances as the little guys. I like Henry-Griffitts the best, its what we use. They have a cart with 4500 different club combinations, and they measure everything to a gram. They invented the lie board, and interchangeable club system. I also like Edel putters. If your going to get custom fit clubs, I think the best people to go to are the little guys, because they can have that quality control.

This is very interesting.  I have never heard of this company.  I fished around on their web site but found no real references to price.  Around what would one expect to pay for a full set of irons?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It depends. You only buy what you use, so you can customize whatever you want. So if you don't hit a 3 iron you don't have to buy one. They usually end up being right around what you would pay for a custom set of the bigger name clubs.(800 and up) depending on how many your getting. They all come SST pure as well, which is pretty cool.( only company to do that) The bad/and good thing is you have to get fit by a certified HG fitter. So if you don't have one in your area, your out of luck.

Originally Posted by golfernc

It depends. You only buy what you use, so you can customize whatever you want. So if you don't hit a 3 iron you don't have to buy one. They usually end up being right around what you would pay for a custom set of the bigger name clubs.(800 and up) depending on how many your getting. They all come SST pure as well, which is pretty cool.( only company to do that) The bad/and good thing is you have to get fit by a certified HG fitter. So if you don't have one in your area, your out of luck.

Thanks there are a few near by.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...

I'd like to give a positive mention for KZG.  I need my clubs fitted 2 degrees flat most of the time and for irons that is easy to get from any manufacturer.  But pretty much all of the main manufacturers do not lie adjust fairways or hybrids.  With off the rack fairways and hybrids, I find that the toe of the club sits too far off the ground.  They might work OK, I guess, but they don't give me confidence.

KZG do one model of fairway and one model of hybrid that has an adjustable hosel so they can be lie adjusted.  I have a 17 deg 4w and a 22 deg hybrid from them and they go great and look right at address.  I think they will be in my bag for a long time.

Ping G10, 9 deg, Graffaloy ProLaunch Red 65 stiff

KZG CH III 17 deg 4W

KZG 22 deg hybrid

Ping i15 4-9 Dynamic Gold R300

Vokey 46 (custom), 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold R300

Odyssey white hot #5

• 1 year later...

See my sig - the only big name sticks I own are my 5w and 3w. The 5w was bought as a discontinued item and my 3w is like 25yrs old. I agree with other posts that W/S makes great irons. I could never see myself paying full price for current big name items..

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

See my sig - the only big name sticks I own are my 5w and 3w. The 5w was bought as a discontinued item and my 3w is like 25yrs old. I agree with other posts that W/S makes great irons. I could never see myself paying full price for current big name items..

I played a set of WS irons for several years when I was younger. They were great clubs and I would have gladly considered them again when I bought new irons this past year but the local big box golf store only had one SGI set and I didn't want to order a set without hitting them first.

Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!