IGNORED

Best glove?

Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Easy for me.  MG Golf, surprisingly enough, makes the best glove by my standards. They have a techno- something that I buy frequently.  Good, tight feel, good durability, and great in "moist" weather.  Price is excellent, and I'm a lefty cadet-type, so its good to have a supplier who can give me what I need.

Completely agree. They make great gloves at a great price. If you haven't tried them you should. They make good bags also, I actually ordered one last week. Google "master grip" to find the website.

Taylormade Burner 09 Driver / Taylormade Burner 09 3 Wood / King Cobra Baffler 19*(Rail H) & 26* / Ping G5 Irons 5-U / Cleveland 588 56* & 60* / Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy / Bridgestone E6 balls

Last year I went through about 12 gloves, after trying a few a sticked to the best quality Titleist Leather glove...... and after about two weeks of use, they fell apart (So Sorry ..... I played 4-6 times a week last year) This year I still have many of the additional 12 gloves I bought during the second half of the last year's season, but I don't use gloves anymore (unless it rains).......

I went playing gloveless at the start of this year and never looked back !!!

Why don't you give it a try ....... I rather buy a new driver each year than spending $200-$300 on gloves per year .......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by akw512

Has anyone ever tried the "Bionic" golf glove.  I tried one on at the store the other day, and it felt amazing to me, but I didn't want to drop $25 on the glove without hearing about it from someone else.  I'm willling to spend the money if it's going to work well and be durable, but if it's going to wear out quickly I won't spend the money just because the glove feels that good on my hand.

I have been using the Bionic glove for 3 years now and in my opinion nothing tops it. It last longer than any other glove that I've tried and I can get a better grip on the club with it. Try it on and put a club in your hand, you won't look back.

I can't believe there have only been 2 posts on the Titleist Player's glove.  It's a fantastic glove that gives you a true feel of the club.  It's relatively thin, but strangely durable for the thickness in my experience.  Proper care (storing it dried in a ziplock bag) will make it last a long time unless you improperly swing out of your shoes.... but that's for another forum :)

My old stuff I still use:

Irons - Titleist DCI 981 (1998)
Putter - Odyssey 2-Ball DFX
Wedges - Cleveland Rg. 588 (47º, 52º, 54º, 57º)
Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad (2004)
Ball - Pro V1x

• 2 months later...

I stopped  wearing a glove years ago and while in Golf Galaxy one day tried one of these on.  Well I bought it and have been wearing it ever since.  Great glove and makes a difference in the feel of the club in my hands.  With the extreme heat this summer and humidity in the east it is holding up real well,.  I would recommend you give it a shot ,

Stephen T.

When I started golfing last year I never thought I would have a favorite glove. After going through 3 or 4 pair of gloves, I picked up a pair of FJ Spidr2 and love them.  They fit snug with no seams in annoying locations.  The gloves are very durable and reasonably priced.  I highly recommend them.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

i use callaway tour authentic gloves. it is really really soft and wont harden up after getting wet. it last very long also, at the very least 12 rounds. and you can get them new off of ebay for like 8 bucks

I've used a variety of gloves including the Callaway Tour gloves and the FootJoy SciFlex both of which are very good gloves which feel and wear well for me but recently I've fallen in love with the Snake Eyes Tour Premium glove in the ML Cadet size.  The price is unbeatable for a leather glove.  Not too thick and not too thin, durability is as good as the others I've mentioned.  It's a Golfsmith house brand if you need to know where to find them.

Currently playing with a Callaway glove that was given to me by my grandfather a month ago. It's not bad on feel, and I've played about 12 rounds with it so far, and it still has no holes in it (one starting in the thumb, which is where all mine start haha). In this 100% humidity Florida heat, I'm truly surprised at how durable this glove is. Most gloves in this heat last 4-5 rounds at the most from the sweat.

No clue what 'model' it is though. I say buy all of them and decide yourself.

How's that for product placement, Callaway?

I demand payment...

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

• 2 months later...

It depends on whether you regrip at the top of your swing.

If you do, the nicest, softest glove will last you three holes.

Buy the cheapest ones that you feel comfortable with and that last.

That will very probably be a synthetic one.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• 3 months later...

Titleist Perma Soft or Players glove. Wash with a damp rag after each round.

I also clean my grips after each round with a damp towel and then spray a little fan belt conditioner (from Autozone for about 5 bucks). Keeps grips tacky and soft. Also works for the glove.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like FootJoy StaSof. They don't seem to last the longest but everything else I like. I have been thinking of trying a Bionic glove though. Might have to finally pick one up this year.

DRIVER | Titleist 913D 10.5* 

WOODS | Titleist 913F.d 15* 

HYBRID | Titleist 913H 19* :titleist:

IRONS | Titleist 714 AP1 4-P :titleist:

WEDGES | Titleist Vokey 48*, 52*,56* 

PUTTER | Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 

BALL | Titleist Pro V1x  

I started off wearing Footjoy, then tried Bionic and loved it, then found I didn't have as much 'feel' with the Bionic so swapped back to Footjoy, then I tried the Mizuno JPX glove which I thought was amazing, then I found out it's amazing for short periods of time but as soon as the outer layer gets worn the inner layer is silky smooth and crap for gripping a club, then I tried Nike, then went back to Footjoy and am now trying Titleist.

All of them have been good in different ways so there's no "best" for me.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 11 months later...

Old thread, I know, but I didn't want to start a new one... Over the summer I stopped wearing gloves but have recently started to wear one again because I'm practicing a lot more and my hands were getting sore... I've always liked the super soft "premium" gloves but they do tend to wear quickly which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't also pricey (usually $20 or so each depending on exact make).

Recently I was turned onto gloves by mg by another golfer I was paired with. I played my first round with it today and it is just as good as any other glove I've used (my favorite had been the Titleist Permasoft) but it only cost $14 for two instead of $18 for one of the Titleist gloves. If you like this type of glove I'd recommend you check them out. They are only available through their site but, like I said, $14 for two (and $3 for shipping).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!