IGNORED

2011 Tavistock Cup

cory
Note: This thread is 4762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know what everyone else thinks but I love watching this event because it is a more relaxed atmosphere for these pros. We really get to see some personality from these guys. It's amazing how many pros play for these clubs.

Absolutely, I really enjoy these kind of tournaments.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone watching this on t.v?

I would like to know if Tiger is hitting it better, as well as putting.....or is Arjun holding it together for them?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Yeah, I'm watching it right now.

Tiger's ballstriking looks like it's starting to get better, but his putting looks like it still needs work.

How about JB Holmes for driving distance on the 7th hole? I though he'd be on top of that board for distance, for sure. Or did he play the 7th hole yet?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter

Yeah, I'm watching it right now.

Tiger's ballstriking looks like it's starting to get better, but his putting looks like it still needs work.

How about JB Holmes for driving distance on the 7th hole? I though he'd be on top of that board for distance, for sure. Or did he play the 7th hole yet?

Which putter is he using...the method mallet or the SC? How is his driver?

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Anyone watching this on t.v?

I would like to know if Tiger is hitting it better, as well as putting.....or is Arjun holding it together for them?

Not stellar putting, OK I guess. Still missing drives left and right, but iron play looks pretty good. Same state as at Doral pretty much, which makes sense seeing at it was yesterday. His misses with the driver might seem to not be as bad, but still got too many shot flaring right.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Which putter is he using...the method mallet or the SC?

Method Mallet again.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by natp0wers View Post

Wish i could watch this >

You can: http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4d7e20962daad

By the way, a lot of high speed swing videos in this tournament. They show this kind of footage all the time of the players. A lot of Tiger of course, he had a swing with the left arm on plane with the shoulders that looked really good.

• Upvote 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Kieran123 [url=http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/44770/2011-tavistock-cup#post_583844]link[/url]Anyone watching this on t.v?   I would like to know if Tiger is hitting it better, as well as putting.....or is Arjun holding it together for them? Not stellar putting, OK I guess. Still missing drives left and right, but iron play looks pretty good. Same state as at Doral pretty much, which makes sense seeing at it was yesterday. His misses with the driver might seem to not be as bad, but still got too many shot flaring right.

Not a bad three wood on 7

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

Guess I'm an odd one here as I don't care for the Tavistock Cup much at all.   I don't dislike silly season events normally, but this event seems like an over-hyped pseudo tournament played by a bunch of rich guys in front of their rich members at their ultra-exclusive clubs.    And I have nothing against rich people!      When it used to just  be a quiet fun event between the clubs it was just fine, but it  just seems to be kind of ridiculously over the top now.    And if you don't think it 's way over the top, you must not have yet seen that giant billboard-sized bull graphic behind the tee.    Yep, it's bull all right.....

Quote:

Guess I'm an odd one here as I don't care for the Tavistock Cup much at all.   I don't dislike silly season events normally, but this event seems like an over-hyped pseudo tournament played by a bunch of rich guys in front of their rich members at their ultra-exclusive clubs.    And I have nothing against rich people!      When it used to just  be a quiet fun event between the clubs it was just fine, but it  just seems to be kind of ridiculously over the top now.    And if you don't think it 's way over the top, you must not have yet seen that giant billboard-sized bull graphic behind the tee.    Yep, it's bull all right.....

+1

These tournaments are as cringe-worthy as are idiot Feherty's comments on-the-course.

If there was ever a reason to hate golf....you said it correct: these silly rich-pals-together events illustrate it perfectly.

Just awful.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by RichF

Quote:

+1

These tournaments are as cringe-worthy as are idiot Feherty's comments on-the-course.

If there was ever a reason to hate golf....you said it correct: these silly rich-pals-together events illustrate it perfectly.

Just awful.

Who cares, It's golf to watch with great players. Don;t be miserable because they're rich.

I watched the replay last night, got today recording on the DVR. I enjoy it, especially because everyone seems to be a lot more relaxed, and they seem to be a little more aggressive, and firing at pins a little more often than normal. I actually thought Feherty messing with Darren Clarke was pretty funny (before that group teed off on the first hole). And I totally agree with the comment on some quality slow-mo swing videos, I need to capture some of them.

I really dont see any harm in it, it's just a laid back community event that has gained a little publicity as time went on, and more high-caliber players moved into those communities. Heard some things that surprised me a little, particularly thought it was interesting that Els is partners with Tiger on that place they're investing in and developing because I know Ernie had a few choice comments last year when all of Tiger's crap went down. Glad to see they buried it, and there was no residual hard feelings there.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

The tournament is not mandatory to watch. It's just for fun. If one does not enjoy it, don't watch it.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 4762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!