IGNORED

2011 Tavistock Cup

cory
Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was fortunate enough to attend yesterday and had a great time. It's definitely quite different then a regular tour event. There are no ropes keeping you off the fairways and they allowed you to take pictures. So we were pretty much walking along next to the players most of the time.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

The entertainment part is a bit overdone, but then again, how often do you see golfers tell jokes on TV? Feherty got a lot of good comments on air, a bit forced in this format though.

Must be a fun even to experience live.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

The tournament is not mandatory to watch. It's just for fun. If one does not enjoy it, don't watch it.

Oh I agree...I tuned in for 10 minutes tops....admittedly it's not as embarrassing as Pro-Ams, but still cheesy enough.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by cory

I'm jealous! Looks like awesome weather down there also. Who impressed you the most?

The weather was a bit warm, but not too bad. All of the players were outstanding. I followed Tiger for a while, but really enjoyed following Rose, Poulter, Mcdowell and Goosen.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

Meh, there are so many stupid comments from the announcers in this tournament. Talking about things that doesn't make sense in any universe. And of course hammering Tiger on everything he does, putting, chipping driving, iron play, it's all terrible in their eyes. Oh well. I'm looking forward to when Tiger starts winning again so we can drop this subject.

How about that pitch by Wilson, magnificent shot.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Oh well. I'm looking forward to when Tiger starts winning again so we can drop this subject.

Me too....but then it will be 'We knew he would be back, blah blah blah" and "He made the right choice to change his swing blah blah blah"

They will never shut up

Are you watching on veetle again Zeph?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Yep, HD quality today, very nice.

Meh, there are so many stupid comments from the announcers in this tournament. Talking about things that doesn't make sense in any universe. And of course hammering Tiger on everything he does, putting, chipping driving, iron play, it's all terrible in their eyes. Oh well. I'm looking forward to when Tiger starts winning again so we can drop this subject.

How about that pitch by Wilson, magnificent shot.

I would be interested in seeing slo-mo video of Tiger's chipping/pitching motions now vs. last year. Brandel seems to think Foley has Tiger switching to lefty or something.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah, they've been talking about how he's changing his pitching, chipping and putting swing all day long.

On a slow motion pitch they showed, he got the hands deep, similar to his full swing. They thought it was a bad idea since it caused him to dig the leading edge into the ground. They would prefer it if he took the club straight back or a little outside, then cut across it coming down, swinging in an eight pattern. This would use the bounce better and slide the club under the ball.

Looks like he took the club back on plane earlier too.

I honestly don't see the big difference from his swing today. Perhaps a bit more in, but without having side by side video I can't say for sure.

If someone recorded these two days, there should be lots of slow motion footage of Tiger's swing. They did one on a pitch shot today. Then compared it to Sean O'Hair, demonstrating how he took the club more straight back and cut across the ball.

Yeah, they've been talking about how he's changing his pitching, chipping and putting swing all day long.

On a slow motion pitch they showed, he got the hands deep, similar to his full swing. They thought it was a bad idea since it caused him to dig the leading edge into the ground. They would prefer it if he took the club straight back or a little outside, then cut across it coming down, swinging in an eight pattern. This would use the bounce better and slide the club under the ball.

Looks like he took the club back on plane earlier too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pjGiUh0HSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duApH0nArkY

I honestly don't see the big difference from his swing today. Perhaps a bit more in, but without having side by side video I can't say for sure.

If someone recorded these two days, there should be lots of slow motion footage of Tiger's swing. They did one on a pitch shot today. Then compared it to Sean O'Hair, demonstrating how he took the club more straight back and cut across the ball.

Saw that difficult chip off a tight lie where they compared Sean and Tiger's chip shots -- Sean kept the clubhead in front of the shaft whereas Tiger's clubhead was parallel to or behind shaft going back... Perhaps Tiger got a little handsy on his chip - an easy fix.

I can't believe they were espousing a figure 8 loop stroke ... Brandel seems to make the swing more complicated than it really is...

Personally, I think Foley is on the right track -- simplifying the swing. From what I understand, Plummer and Bennett's S&T; swing has less moving parts and is simpler than the conventional swing ... to me, simpler is better and more efficient.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Agree with you, and the same people had stars in their eyes before the crash.  It's about time they came up with some sort of a balanced view.  Maybe they're subconsciously trying to atone for past sins ..... (of over indulgence)

Meh, there are so many stupid comments from the announcers in this tournament. Talking about things that doesn't make sense in any universe. And of course hammering Tiger on everything he does, putting, chipping driving, iron play, it's all terrible in their eyes.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!