IGNORED

I won a scotty ..... yet to choose one ....

Note: This thread is 4779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't forget to buy a $80 rare grip, $50 shaft band, and a $200+ headcover for it and you will shoot 76 next time - GUARANTEED!!!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

You must be kiddin' $200 for a head cover ........ only with the guarantee to shoot 72 next 5 rounds ...... are there really scottyfianados paying that much for a cover ?!?!?!?!????

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Oh yes, and then some.

Here is a set of three going for $1,500 total. http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Cameron-Timeless-Leather-Putter-Cover-Set-All-3-/320663435099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item4aa907b75b

These are the extreme end of the spectrum though.  Cameron, as well as being an excellent puttermaker and "metal-worker" or whatever you would call it, is an even BETTER marketer.  Each year, he releases 6 or more NEW headcovers.  Around each major, end of the year, sometimes holiday themed - such as St. Patrick's Day, etc.  They are gobbled up online within a day (I always wondered why he didn't make more - but he has his methods) by devoted fans and COLLECTORS.  The real prizes on each release are the "1 of" covers.  Scotty usually has about 100 of the covers which have an alternate color scheme, or a little twist that makes them different than the cover made for the masses.  They are mailed out at RANDOM...  collectors go nuts for them.   They are instantly worth three or four times the retail price from the instant you open the box and see them!

But that is not all.  Many regular covers (not 1 of or special Tour Covers) are never opened, I've seen photos of a hundred covers, still in the original plastic bags, stored in plastic containers like you would slide under the bed because that is how the collector wanted to store them.  Other collections are taken out of the bag and hung on the wall on little racks, etc.  There is even a term for a cover that has been taken out of the package, then put BACK IN to sell or trade.  It's called a "re-staple" and is a hot button topic among the big time collectors.

Some take them out of the bags, but put them BACK INTO ziploc bags for display....

CameronCovers.jpg

I only have one putter and three covers, all of which I "game" on the course and I am not interested in keeping them pristine, selling or trading.  All of mine are about $20-$30 covers.  I'm not into the whole collecting thing, and don't think I ever will be.  $3,000 putters with a "Circle T" on it (designated it was made for PGA Tour use)?  No thanks.. but to each his own!

The bags they ship in from Scotty look like this.....

FScover1.jpg

Now we are on to the "Circle T" which originally designated the item was made for Tour Use by a player, or even made specifically FOR a player.  The collectors go after Circle T stuff BIG TIME. It is much rarer, much more sought after, and you will pay for it in much higher prices.  A large portion of what Scotty makes for the general public release (like the two covers above) are also made with a "Circle T".  How many?  Sometimes that is not known....

448e.jpg

The putter attached to the end of this "Tour Use Only" shaft can be had for $4,000

$700 for a set of wood covers in Purple?  A 1 in 25??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Cameron-Milled-RED-Nylon-putter-cover-RARE-/150442925618?pt=AU_Golf_Accessories&hash;=item230718de32

Here is a "Hula Girl" that will go for somewhere around of $500 still in the original bag....  What if the owner had taken it out and used it a few times and then "re-stapled?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SCOTTY-CAMERON-2004-HULA-GIRL-HEAD-COVER-NIB-/200582501597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash;=item2eb3a614dd

A Red Nylon cover from the early days of the company, supposedly only around 50 were made...  It is more than $1,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Cameron-Milled-RED-Nylon-putter-cover-RARE-/150442925618?pt=AU_Golf_Accessories&hash;=item230718de32

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Note: This thread is 4779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!