IGNORED

Magnetic bracelets/ pendants?

Note: This thread is 5590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread? Is this stuff a gimick? Sabona & Trion-X bracelets, Q-Ray pendants? Does anyone have any experience with any of these? They say tons of pros use them.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I've tried the bracelets and did not notice any difference in my game. But I'm not one of those that believe in magnets healing or sleeping in a pyramid to ward off evil.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Have been wearing the Sabona bracelet for two years and have not had anymore golfers elbow problems. Have been wearing the QLink pendant for 2 months and even though i'm not sure about it, the wife has noticed my stress level has decreased and i'm not as hot headed on the course. Do they really work? Who knows and I don't care cause golf is 90% mental to begin with.

golfchief, I live here in the desert (Arizona) but we don't have any pyramids to sleep in, any other ideas to wart off evil spirits?

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

• 1 year later...
I have never done the magnets but I do have an old original Sabona copper bracelet that I will wear when I am playing a lot of golf. It seems to help to reduce any joint pains associated with golf like in the wrist or elbow. It could be all in my head as well. I pulled it out the other day to see if it would help with a new pain because I saw Mark Calcavecchia wearing one on the Shark Shoot-out. The blue around his wrist was a dead giveaway. Anyway, I woke up this morning and the pain was gone...or was it?

Anyone have any experience with the magnetic and/or copper bracelets?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

You ever see Bull Durham, where Nuke LaLoosh wears a garter belt and refuses to have sex with Annie because he thinks it makes him pitch better? There's your answer. To quote Crash Davis: "If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you ARE! And you should know that!" Greatest sports movie of all time, BTW.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I have used a cheap one before and it worked, but in my opinion they are part mental, if you want them to work, they will.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I average 4 rounds a week and I never wear magnets and have never had joint pain. It's all in your mind.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

My brother gave me a trion:z necklace for xmas. I have worn it for the last few weeks. To be honest I don't know if its working to well, but it looks BA. I won a braclet and it should be coming any day, ill check in soon.
Taylormade R7 460 9.5 S Flex
Titleist 904F 19*
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19*
Nike Pro Combo Forged 3-PWCleveland Gunmetal TA 900 54*,59(Bent from 58)*Taylormade Rossa CGB Daytona ILL-INI

I have a Trion Z bracelet and necklace. I usually only wear the necklace at night or when hitting balls, but the bracelet pretty much all the time. Over Christmas, I took both off and forgot to put them on for two days. My back (which has been bad in the past) started to ache after having been good for quite some time. Been wearing both the last 2 days, and back is feeling better. Could be all in my head, but I could care less. If my back is good, I'm good. Beside, they both look good too

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Ok, so I think there's a bit of placebo affect with this stuff. If you think it works, then it does.

In 06 I bought the Q-link pendant. I felt something initially with it on that was weird. I check the packaging/instructions, and it said there was some affects that would be short-term for most people. It did go away and I wear it to this day. In 07 I bought a Trion-Z bracelet. Not sure I feel anything with it, but I still wear it. My handicap went down 5 points in that time frame.

Don't get me wrong, I also upgraded some equipment, practiced more regularly and focused harder. If anything start with a Trion-Z or the other new big one (Els wears it) is Phiten bracelet, its a less expensive trial than the pendants.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

STEP RIGHT UP!!

I got the magic elixir that'll cure baldness, the common cold, and even constipation!

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Sorry, they don't help with the baldness...

But you say you have something...do tell.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Sorry, they don't help with the baldness...

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Is that Howard Cosell's dog?

One Rep point for you!

I'm wearing the Trion:Z I got for christmas. It seems that my times for swimming are going down...

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Personally I think these are all a gimick which puts ideas in your mind and then you think it's gone when you where the product.

However, I have never worn anything like that but I have also never had any reason to wear them.

I really don't want to think about it that much because then I'll probably feel some sort of weird "ache" somewhere.

In my opinion, if you want to where them and they seem to help you, what's the difference?

If you find some that are cheapish then just get them and try them out.

BTW the pros probably get paid to wear them.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!