IGNORED

Bad fitting...

Note: This thread is 4774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Bridgestone B330(s) or Titleist ProV1

• B330(Any)
    • ProV1(Or X)

I got fit for these balls after playing a ProV1 at a Bridgestone fitting event and I must say I am one who did NOT enjoy the switch. I played the B330-S for one round, 1st - ProV1- 82, 2nd - B330-S - 88(NO fun). Anyways, here is a quick overview.

1. Playability - I will probably award it 3 out of 5. I was able to work the ball but for some reason could NOT get the ball to check even when I had shavings of the ball in my wedges. Distance was pretty similar to the ProV1..

2. Feel - 3/5 here, Not hard but not soft, there was a weird feeling compared to even cheaper balls that didn't have the softness I was wanting out of the ball and my SS is at around 107 with my driver.

3. Durability - 4/5. I was able to pretty much use the same ball for a long period of time while playing but until I really hit down on it and tried my hardest to get it to check it got shaved.

So I did not really enjoy the Bridgestone route even when I tried the balls there at the event they seemed really good, so it was weird to spend the money on them and have 3 1/2 sleeves left and NOT want to even look at them.

Anyone else go to Bridgestone balls and go back or was fitted for them and not like them?

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

The B330 s is my favorite of all the Bridgestone lines. The RX sucks and the original spins too much, which adds up to less distance. I played bridgestone exclusively when the B330 s came out, but switched back to the Pro-V1x shortly after, I have since dropped the X for the original

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 -- Diamana A'hina X
titleist.gif 909 F3 15.0 --  Matrix Ozik X-Con
titleist.gif 910 CB 4-PW -- Project X 6.0
cleveland.gif CG10 52, 56, 60.
cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

I would rather play Nike rocks than ever put a Bridgestone ball in my bag again. The feel was absolutely atrocious. I used them as hazard balls until they were finally gone.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't understand ..... You state a B330 spins more than your favorite B330 S ...... I tried all four versions, but in my view it is the other way around...... my favorites are the B330 S and B330 RXS, but like you I went back to the Pro V1x ...... but might well end up going to the 2011 Pro V1, which should be in between the 2009 Pro V1 and Pro V1x.

Originally Posted by BDMplayer910

The B330 s is my favorite of all the Bridgestone lines. The RX sucks and the original spins too much, which adds up to less distance. I played bridgestone exclusively when the B330 s came out, but switched back to the Pro-V1x shortly after, I have since dropped the X for the original

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by Arsenal8807

I got fit for these balls after playing a ProV1 at a Bridgestone fitting event and I must say I am one who did NOT enjoy the switch. I played the B330-S for one round, 1st - ProV1- 82, 2nd - B330-S - 88(NO fun).

Anyone else go to Bridgestone balls and go back or was fitted for them and not like them?

What can you say after playing just 1 round, scores could have been the other way around ....... all those premium balls are very close 6 strokes difference, it is not the ball.....

• Upvote 1

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Quote:

I would rather play Nike rocks than ever put a Bridgestone ball in my bag again. The feel was absolutely atrocious. I used them as hazard balls until they were finally gone.

Huhhhhh, "absolutely very bad" ????????????

Hitting 11/14 fairways, magical sand play and iron play needing a big improvements ("other recent thread") and the unlimited experience to judge balls at hc 22.5 ....... Y'd better first start hitting balls at the sweetspot, before making nonsense comments on Nike Rocks, Bridgestone makes great balls ...... Period ! (maybe not for you ........ maybe you're getting paid by Titleist to promote Pro V1's).

• Upvote 1

I got fit for these balls after playing a ProV1 at a Bridgestone fitting event and I must say I am one who did NOT enjoy the switch. I played the B330-S for one round, 1st - ProV1- 82, 2nd - B330-S - 88(NO fun). Anyways, here is a quick overview.

1. Playability - I will probably award it 3 out of 5. I was able to work the ball but for some reason could NOT get the ball to check even when I had shavings of the ball in my wedges. Distance was pretty similar to the ProV1..

2. Feel - 3/5 here, Not hard but not soft, there was a weird feeling compared to even cheaper balls that didn't have the softness I was wanting out of the ball and my SS is at around 107 with my driver.

3. Durability - 4/5. I was able to pretty much use the same ball for a long period of time while playing but until I really hit down on it and tried my hardest to get it to check it got shaved.

So I did not really enjoy the Bridgestone route even when I tried the balls there at the event they seemed really good, so it was weird to spend the money on them and have 3 1/2 sleeves left and NOT want to even look at them.

I will gladly take those Bridgestone balls off your hands so you don't have to look at them.

I would take them too!  If you do not want them.

what do you guys think of the srixon golf balls i play the srixon soft feel ball right now and im about to change to the ad 333 srixon ball super soft feel and feel great of the flat stick

I read somewhere your SS is 105 mph.  The higher compression AD333 should in theory give you more distance than the lower compression softfeel.  I agree AD333 indeed has awesome soft feel.

Originally Posted by tapin

what do you guys think of the srixon golf balls i play the srixon soft feel ball right now and im about to change to the ad 333 srixon ball super soft feel and feel great of the flat stick

Note: This thread is 4774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!