IGNORED

Whats up from Michigan

battlephrog
Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hope this message finds everyone well. 15 handicapper from Michigan who loves golf and collecting watches. I play on the MIAGT and a 9-hole beer league.

Bag is collage of clubs, my favorite would be my Cobra S2 5-wood and my SeeMore mFGP2 limited edition putter #86/200 made.

Retired from the Marine Corp and currently taking a hiatus from the medical profession this summer to dedicate to golf.

Looking fwd to great discussions with you all and hope to contribute the best I can....

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood
Hybrids-TM Burner 4-5 hybrid
Irons-Cobra S2 irons 6-9, Wedges-Clevaland CG14 48* 52* 56* 58*, Flatstick-SeeMore mFGP2 limited #086 out of 200 made, Bridgestone e6.

People scared to reply, don't worry I am not a mean guy......

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood
Irons-Cobra S2 irons 6-9, Wedges-Clevaland CG14 48* 52* 56* 58*, Flatstick-SeeMore mFGP2 limited #086 out of 200 made, Bridgestone e6.

Thanks...

In a suburb very far north of Detroit....

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood

Originally Posted by akw512

How far north?  I'm from Lake Orion.

How do you like the MIAGT?

Shelby Township...

I love it, this is my second year...competition it great, we play the best courses and the crystal trophies and payouts are nice. All the tournaments are setup like a true PGA event...you should give it a try.....

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood

Originally Posted by battlephrog

Shelby Township...

I love it, this is my second year...competition it great, we play the best courses and the crystal trophies and payouts are nice. All the tournaments are setup like a true PGA event...you should give it a try.....

What are the payouts like?  How many places pay, and what do they normally pay?  I've been considering entering some sort of competitive golf tournaments, but haven't taken the plunge yet

Originally Posted by akw512

What are the payouts like?  How many places pay, and what do they normally pay?  I've been considering entering some sort of competitive golf tournaments, but haven't taken the plunge yet

1st place for each flight gets a crystal trophy and depending on size of registration for the tournament usually $150-$200, 2nd usually $50-$75 no crystal, 3rd $25-$35 no crystal. We also accumulate points like the fed ex cup and we have 1st half of the season and 2nd half of the season champions and depending on how many points you accumulate through the year you could be invited to to the nationals in Hilton Head, SC. Top ten in points of each flight are invited to the nationals. There are 5 flights Champion, A, B, C, D and they are all dependent on your handicap. I am a 15.2 and am in C flight.....the competition is awesome and it is a challenge every week.

If you ever take the plunge check out the MIAGT it is a professionally fun league and you are treated like a pro, literally.

If you want to PM me, I am able to have a guest for one tournament, kind of a try it before you buy it....

let me know bud...

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood

do you think this weather is ever going to warm up so us michiganders can get out and enjoy some golf? It's March 31st and my truck was covered in frost everyday this week! This crap sucks

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Well I am going golfing tomorrow morning, so I sure hope it is better tomorrow.....I feel you though, this chill in the air needs to leave....I have 2 leagues starting in 2 weeks....

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood

Well I am going golfing tomorrow morning, so I sure hope it is better tomorrow.....I feel you though, this chill in the air needs to leave....I have 2 leagues starting in 2 weeks....

Were you able to get out and play today? the weather wasn't too bad today, my only concern is the ground. Seems like it would be a bit frozen still.

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Originally Posted by Ron Stewart

Were you able to get out and play today? the weather wasn't too bad today, my only concern is the ground. Seems like it would be a bit frozen still.

Oh yeah, teed off at 1010 at SCS and played 30-holes...weather was great, when the sun was out the temp was perfect but when th sun ws stuck behind clouds it got a little nippy, especially torwards the end....

Ground wasn't frozen at all, the course was actually in not to bad of shape, the greens an fariways are going to be awesome this year at SCS

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood

Welcome, I am from Shelby Twp as well. Well actually Washington Twp now but I grew up in Shelby. What courses do you play in the area? I just got on a Monday league at Glacier club, which is awesome because I live across the street from the course :). Anyways, welcome aboard.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Originally Posted by n8dogg2669

Welcome, I am from Shelby Twp as well. Well actually Washington Twp now but I grew up in Shelby. What courses do you play in the area? I just got on a Monday league at Glacier club, which is awesome because I live across the street from the course :). Anyways, welcome aboard.

Thanks n8dogg

I probably have played every course in the area, if I had to name a few courses that I play frequently, I would say SCS, Greystone, The Orchards, Devils Ridge, Boulder Pointe, Heather Hills, Sycamore Hills, Cracklewood, Timberwood, Captains Club, I can go on and on.....

My 9-hole league is at Sunnybrooke, we play on Tuesdays starting April 19 and my am-tour starts April 16 and our first event is at  Fieldstone

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood

Thanks n8dogg

I probably have played every course in the area, if I had to name a few courses that I play frequently, I would say SCS, Greystone, The Orchards, Devils Ridge, Boulder Pointe, Heather Hills, Sycamore Hills, Cracklewood, Timberwood, Captains Club, I can go on and on.....

My 9-hole league is at Sunnybrooke, we play on Tuesdays starting April 19 and my am-tour starts April 16 and our first event is at  Fieldstone

Yeah those are about the same ones I play. I played Romeo Golf Course just about every friday last year in somewhat of a standing tee time. I just got a range pass to The Orchards, so I plan on doing some serious practicing there, nice mile drive from home. Good luck on your tour.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!