IGNORED

Golfing When Your Muscles Are Tired / Fatigued

Sai-Jin
Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever had one of those days when you played 2-3 days of golf after another and played so well.

And you want to play one more time for the week, but your legs, hips and back muscles are just fatigued?

Well, I went ahead to golf anyways with a friend whom I haven't seen for a while.

Even though I know what I did wrong ( body moved to the left on downswing and creates all kinds of push and push fades )

I can't stop my body from doing this. No matter how hard I tried, it felt like I don't have the strength on my lower body

to keep still.

I decided that I'm going to learn to control my urges to play in this condition... and stay home and do something else.

What's you guys' experiences?

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Ever had one of those days when you played 2-3 days of golf after another and played so well.

And you want to play one more time for the week, but your legs, hips and back muscles are just fatigued?

Well, I went ahead to golf anyways with a friend whom I haven't seen for a while.

Even though I know what I did wrong ( body moved to the left on downswing and creates all kinds of push and push fades )

I can't stop my body from doing this. No matter how hard I tried, it felt like I don't have the strength on my lower body

to keep still.

I decided that I'm going to learn to control my urges to play in this condition... and stay home and do something else.

What's you guys' experiences?

If youre tired it probably is best to stay home but you shouldnt be getting that sore from playing more than once a week.

Perhaps you just need to improve your overall level of physical fitness.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I guess so... no golf when tired.

I think it's because I go to the gym for full workouts 5 days a week and still train people too on top of golf.

And change my diet menu so I have more strength too.

i get sore after 3 days in a row at the driving range.. plus i workout 5x a week..

also on saturdays(day after my back workouts) my ball striking is trash because im sore

I'm usually  a lot better ball striker after a 3 day layoff

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I have realized there are certain exercises I can't or shouldn't do the day before I golf. Shoulders and squats. If I do any of those exercises the day before it is pure misery at the golf course. If I do lite arm workout the day before and just arms I play pretty well. And I just realized as bad as that is that stretching at home before I head to the course really helps. Can't believe I never put 2 and 2 together but I guess that's why I usually get a 5 on a par 4. ha

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Shoulders and squats... that'll affect the ability to turn completely in back swing and to comfortably have a powerful and balanced down swing.

There's almost no forgiveness in playing golf . Everything has to be accurate.

• 4 weeks later...

Never really had this feeling. During the summer I will play at least 5-6 rounds a week. The only time I can really remember being tired/fatigued was when I play 54 holes in one day and ran out of water and was really dehydrated by the last 9 holes.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I feel more tired when I wake up and before starting on the round. Once I'm on the course it's usually not a problem. Most I've played is 7-8 days in a row, but I felt most tired after the first two days. If I get enough sleep, it's ok.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

I feel more tired when I wake up and before starting on the round. Once I'm on the course it's usually not a problem. Most I've played is 7-8 days in a row, but I felt most tired after the first two days. If I get enough sleep, it's ok.

Same here! Like right now, I could easily go back to bed even though I got in an hour of walking/running/elliptical this morning before work. I've got a 3 PM tee time this afternoon, and I know once I get out there and take a few swings, I'll be fine. Usually though, I play much better when I walk/run/elliptical for about 30 minutes on the morning before a round. It wakes me up and gets my core and my legs good and loose, but not overly tired. I went 3 out of 4 days recently and didnt have any real soreness issues, though was probably a little tired just because I got up early for a few days in a row.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Originally Posted by Zeph

we use to play 9 holes 5 days a week back in high school golf, not to mention the tournaments thrown in

I sit all day where I work, and that seem to have a detrimental effect on my swing...whole body is stiff - especially my back....takes me 20 minutes of swinging before I feel O.K

Been doing wall squats and planks every night to try and strengthen my spine - hopefully that will help in the long run.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 2 years later...
I'm 62 and play 18 to 27 holes 4 days a week and hit balls the other three. My muscles get sore but loosen up after stretching. But we're talking about muscle fatigue different than soreness. It's like "Honey I want to make love to you again tonight but my Johnson is done for". Inconsistency in my game is the first sign of muscle fatigue. It's like all your muscles become loose rubber bands. 5 Hour Energy helps mild fatigue but two days rest is what it normally takes for me to get back on my game.

I'm 62 and play 18 to 27 holes 4 days a week and hit balls the other three. My muscles get sore but loosen up after stretching. But we're talking about muscle fatigue different than soreness. It's like "Honey I want to make love to you again tonight but my Johnson is done for". Inconsistency in my game is the first sign of muscle fatigue. It's like all your muscles become loose rubber bands. 5 Hour Energy helps mild fatigue but two days rest is what it normally takes for me to get back on my game.

Yep.

I more or less remember the distances I hit my clubs when I'm fully rested and with a strong swing.  If I roll out there to play after a couple rounds of energy sucking heat and humidity in a row I tend to play like garbage.

Are you elderly?   .....nearing 100 years old?  I know people in their 80s who play Monday-Friday without missing a beat..LOL

I think you have a personal problem.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Sai-Jin: "Oh... No, mustn't play golf"

(evil voice): "Come on Sai-Jin, just one small bucket won't hurt"

Sai-Jin: "NO, I can't, not again... Please leave me alone!"

(evil voice): "Sai-Jinnn, you know you want tooo.  What if today's the day you break 70?"

Sai-Jin: "Damn you, I'll play I'll play."

(evil voice): "MUAHAHA"

When I'm tired, I actually play a little better: I don't start trying to kill the ball about Hole 5.

If I'm really tired, I leave the ball short a lot on iron shots and half-wedges.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are you elderly?   .....nearing 100 years old?  I know people in their 80s who play Monday-Friday without missing a beat..LOL

I think you have a personal problem.

I agree, my 75 year old dad plays 7 days a week religiously and works two of those days at the course. he has no problems

Note: This thread is 1475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!