IGNORED

Tiger Woods iphone app

Note: This thread is 4625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone tried the new Tiger Woods swing app for the iphone?  What did you think?  Worth the cost?  I've had it keyed up twice only to back out at the last moment.  When using something like this how do you keep your phone steady for the video?  Seems if I were to let my wife video me the camera would be pretty shaky.  Thanks.

Video quality os too low on the iphone to really make it worth it....60fps minimum for recording swings IMO

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Haven't tried it yet but I can't imagine the video quality to be all that great. I have heard good things about the app in general though. People were complaining about how it's a bad time for Tiger to come out with an instructional swing app when he's still working on his but his swing is still better than mine any day.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is a video I took on my iPhone without the my swing app.

The quality is not amazing but its helpful for sure if you don't have a better camera.

Anyone here actually try out tiger my swing? I like the fact that you can compare your swing to tour pro's and upload them to the golfshot site but I am a little worried it wont be as good as the native iPhone camera app.

I have it. I haven't used it for my swing yet though. I like the Tiger Woods swing videos.

taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

I have it and the videos are great as a reference point for the Stack & Tilt Sean Foley swing.

I also like how some of the purchase money goes to the TW Foundation and that the videos can be linked into your Golfshot account. Another plus is Tiger describing where he draws specific lines on his swings to check his positions. You can also click a single button to add the "Tiger Lines" to your/his swings.

"Tiger Lines" are:

Tiger Woods: My Swing (6i DTL) Tiger Woods: My Swing (6i FO)

Unfortunately I'm so used to the normal camera app taking videos and using SwingReader to analyse them that I forgot I can video in the TW app.

One bad point is that the app can't import existing videos; it has to take videos itself to be used.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by jeffRRy

Anyone used this recently? Is it helpful? What do you think... is it worth 9.99 to help me improve?

Just video your swings with the iphone and get the v1 home software on your computer for free and watch them on there.  Itll be better and you will save 10 bucks.

Try the Golf Wizard 101 app. It has a video capture function built in the app that let's you send your swing directly to the Golf Wizard team for analysis. (That's the iPhone app . . . Android and BlackBerry versions simply let you email a video of your swing.)

Video quality os too low on the iphone to really make it worth it....60fps minimum for recording swings IMO

I agree! If your thinking about using a camera that dosnt record record in 60fps don't even bother. There are slot of cameras out there that say they record in hd but when you look at the spec it's 30fps!

Note: This thread is 4625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!