IGNORED

Features you'd like to see in future "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" video games

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 4115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by kennay92

cant imagine where you got the idea from

I just saw this movie about Bobby Jones starring Jesus...err....Jim Whatshisnamewhocares and I was inspired.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I wouldn't mind it being a little more difficult. I also miss those fake courses they used to have a few years back. Once you could hit every drive 350 and your irons to a 5 foot circle those were the only courses still interesting.

for awhile now, i've wished they would include a "legends" section in a tw game, or make it a game of its own, where you can play as/compete against players like nicklaus, palmer, hogan, snead, etc. (as they were in their prime, obviously), and play with wood clubs and balata balls.

Originally Posted by mirv

for awhile now, i've wished they would include a "legends" section in a tw game, or make it a game of its own, where you can play as/compete against players like nicklaus, palmer, hogan, snead, etc. (as they were in their prime, obviously), and play with wood clubs and balata balls.

They had that in the '05 version

really? well i'll be. i didn't start playing until 07, never even thought to look back at the previous games. thanks for the tip there.

The two things that I have wanted forever have been mentioned. Give me Phil in the game and please give me a course creator. I remember years ago that Jack Nicklaus had a PC game that allowed you to create your own courses. Creating the course was as fun as playing the game. I know I could and would spend hours and days on end creating my home course and some other that I have played often.

I doubt there will ever be a course creator now that they have DLC.  They won't like folks making for free in game what they could charge for.  I'm pissed that I paid for the "ultimate edition", or whatever the bloody hell it was touted as for all the extra courses, but most of them are still locked out till I buy them as DLC.  That's total Bullshit

• 11 months later...

Now that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is actually out, I'd thought I'd revive this old thread and see if any of the features wished for actually came true.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

So the new Tiger Woods game has come out and I have to say, it is pretty solid.  The game play seems good,  I personally love features like Game Face, and there is a lot of great equipment to choose from.  On top of that, the career mode in the game, "Road to the Masters" is pretty good.  You start out on the Am Tour, move up to the Nationwide after a win or a couple of high finishes, then to Q school and finally the PGA tour, which is complete with rankings and FedEx cup points.  Like I said, a solid game.

However, with all of that being said, the game does leave me wanting some things, so I guess you could call this my feature request for next years game.

Find a way to get Titleist on board... they are the "#1 ball in golf" as they like to say and they make some great equipment, and I'd like to play it.

When you choose what clubs you have in your bag and when you buy clubs, make "hybrids" its own category.  I recently passed the Mizuno Sponsor Challenge in the game and unlocked the MP woods and CLK hybrids, but I can't have both in my bag... why?

Allow you to choose different shafts for your woods and irons.  It is really cool to me that I can get the same driver in the game that I actually play (Mizuno MP630) and it was even cooler that I could get it with the same shaft (Fubuki), but when I choose to put a shaft in my clubs it goes for all of them...  It would be could if you could at least choose one shaft for your woods and one for your irons.

Those are the ones that I can think of just off the top of my head... as I play this years game more I'm sure that I'll think of others.

What all would you guys like to see in next years game?

In my original post, I said that I'd like to see Titleist get on board and that still hasn't happened.  I still think this needs to happen, but there still is a lot of great equipment to choose from, and EA Sports did a great job this year making it current.  Last year the R9 SuperTri and Burner Superfast were some of the drivers that you could choose from even though the R11 and Burner 2.0 were TaylorMade's actual offerings at the time... this year they got it right with the R11s and RBZ as models you can choose from.

They also nailed my second two wishes as hybrids are now separate from fairway woods.  I thought that this was a no brainer and something that should have been done a long time ago, so it's nice to see that they finally got it right.  They also added the ability to have different shafts in different clubs which I think is a nice touch.

I know that others had complained about the caddie mode in last years game, and I think this years implementation of it is far better.

Anyways, that's a recap of what I had wished for and what actually happened.  Did you guys get the things you wanted out of the new game?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like to play as Tiger, switch to first person, then go back to that November night and put the Wii to good use.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Oddly the RBZ is a very superior to the R11s in the game.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Now that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is actually out, I'd thought I'd revive this old thread and see if any of the features wished for actually came true.

In my original post, I said that I'd like to see Titleist get on board and that still hasn't happened.  I still think this needs to happen, but there still is a lot of great equipment to choose from, and EA Sports did a great job this year making it current.  Last year the R9 SuperTri and Burner Superfast were some of the drivers that you could choose from even though the R11 and Burner 2.0 were TaylorMade's actual offerings at the time... this year they got it right with the R11s and RBZ as models you can choose from.

They also nailed my second two wishes as hybrids are now separate from fairway woods.  I thought that this was a no brainer and something that should have been done a long time ago, so it's nice to see that they finally got it right.  They also added the ability to have different shafts in different clubs which I think is a nice touch.

I know that others had complained about the caddie mode in last years game, and I think this years implementation of it is far better.

Anyways, that's a recap of what I had wished for and what actually happened.  Did you guys get the things you wanted out of the new game?

Originally Posted by Shane77624

I'd like to see them remove the name "Tiger Woods" from the name of the game.

Good idea... let's take the name of arguably the best and most iconic golfer ever off the game.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I'm still on '12, and I'm wondering: did they add any ability to see more of the course? I'm having trouble figuring out what shots to do on the fantasy courses and would love the ability to see ahead without having to do a full flyover.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 9 months later...
I'm a long time player of the Tiger video game series but the last few years have really sucked in my opinion. Adding Augusta national was cool, but the game is so repetitive and boring its not even fun. I shouldn't be able to shoot 58 in the first round with my brand new amateur created golfer. I'm just wondering if anybody shares my opinion of the games being pretty boring nowadays and if there are any ideas as to how to make it more enjoyable. The one idea I have is a "create a course" feature where you can build a course from the ground up and design every hole. I want to say I remember Tiger Woods 2002 or something having the "tiger proofing" mode where you could create a course but I haven't seen it since then. I just think it would be really fun to design a course and play it or to create a replica of your favorite home course and play it.

05 and 07 were 2 of my favorite TW games but since those I just can't get into anymore. I really liked those 2 because the online was awesome which was nice since it was a challenge outside of the regular game. I really enjoyed the 3 hole matches which the most popular online games but since 07 everyone goes for the 9 hole matches. The lack of a true lobby in the recent games also bothered me a little because the message board in the lobby was entertainment in itself. The create a course was cool but what I didn't like about it was the fact they let people use them online and it was getting out of hand with the challenges to play created courses. Plus it didn't truly let you create a course but rather add twists to current holes available on the game.

Ideally I'd like to see...

1. Better online lobby

2. Make the game more of a challenge

3. Keep turbo out

4. Go back to the 07 putting where things were makable but not gimmies

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

05 and 07 were 2 of my favorite TW games but since those I just can't get into anymore. I really liked those 2 because the online was awesome which was nice since it was a challenge outside of the regular game. I really enjoyed the 3 hole matches which the most popular online games but since 07 everyone goes for the 9 hole matches. The lack of a true lobby in the recent games also bothered me a little because the message board in the lobby was entertainment in itself. The create a course was cool but what I didn't like about it was the fact they let people use them online and it was getting out of hand with the challenges to play created courses. Plus it didn't truly let you create a course but rather add twists to current holes available on the game.  Ideally I'd like to see... 1. Better online lobby 2. Make the game more of a challenge 3. Keep turbo out  4. Go back to the 07 putting where things were makable but not gimmies

I just want it to be more realistic somehow. I don't really know but there's something about the newer TW games that are just too futuristic or something. I just feel like they don't spend time and effort adding cool stuff to these games because the market is probably very small. I would bet TW is the least-grossing sports game they sell. They're too busy making madden and FIFA and NHL good, which is fine because I play those too but I love golf more than anything and it sucks to not be able to enjoy the video game version.

Originally Posted by KiawahConnor

I just want it to be more realistic somehow. I don't really know but there's something about the newer TW games that are just too futuristic or something. I just feel like they don't spend time and effort adding cool stuff to these games because the market is probably very small. I would bet TW is the least-grossing sports game they sell. They're too busy making madden and FIFA and NHL good, which is fine because I play those too but I love golf more than anything and it sucks to not be able to enjoy the video game version.

I agree it does seem futuristic but I'd actually like them to make it more of a game again. Do away with the attributes and driving range stuff go back to being able to buy everything from the money you win in tournaments. This way the online becomes more balanced and it forces people to play the game instead of just buying whatever suit gets them the max everything.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Note: This thread is 4115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!