IGNORED

Our Myrtle trip...

Huffy2k
Note: This thread is 4691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Besides my regular game at my home course, once a year I get together with a group of 40 guys every April in Myrtle Beach.  This will be my 11th year but the core group and founding members will be on their 28th consecutive year.  This group started as a trio of brothers and their friends from Eastern PA but as the core group has moved around the country, the number of attendees (new friends, business associates, etc) has grown over the years to it's current number of 7 foursomes (about the biggest manageable number you can get off a course in a day).

The 2 brothers who spearhead this group have really done a cool job combining fun and a well organized week of activities/games with a sense of history and tradition.  At the end of each week, a "Green Jacket" is awarded to the golfer who performs the best relative to his abilities.  Lots of other "awards" are given including rookie of the year, ironman (biggest partier), and best dressed (tongue in cheek).

This year they have put together a web site that documents the weeks activities along with the various betting games that we play while we are down there.  It takes an accountant to decipher the scorecard at the end of a round in keeping track of all the bets but it really is a great way to spend a week.  The web site is here for anyone who is interested in seeing how one group runs their spring trip to Myrtle!

ping.gif Hoofer C1 Stand Bag
taylormade.gif R11 10.5 Driver 

taylormade.gif RBZ #3 Fairway Wood
cleveland.gif Launcher DST #5 Fairway Wood
wishon.gif 785HF #3, #4, #5 Hybrids - Graphite shaft
wishon.gif 770cfe #6-SW - Graphite shaftodyssey.gif White Ice Putter  

Sounds like a blast! We have a group of about 30 that goes to swan lake resort in Indiana every summer. If you're ever looking to switch it up and step up the quality of golf a notch, consider going a little further south to Hilton Head next time. You won't want to go back to Myrtle!

Our Myrtle Beach trip

• 2 months later...

Wow. Great organizational skills you guys have. It's great to see such a large group of people come together to visit us in Myrtle Beach for their golf trip.  How do you work out the golf accommodations?

Originally Posted by MBGolfPro

How do you work out the golf accommodations?

That's the beauty of the trip for me - I just have to show up!  ;)  One of the guys who organizes the trip makes all of the golf plans and I honestly have no idea how he does it!  My favorite track from this year was Willbrook plantation while the Big Cats courses we played were the bigger disappointments.

Originally Posted by Huffy2k

That's the beauty of the trip for me - I just have to show up!  ;)  One of the guys who organizes the trip makes all of the golf plans and I honestly have no idea how he does it!  My favorite track from this year was Willbrook plantation while the Big Cats courses we played were the bigger disappointments.

You have no idea how lucky you are:). I put together a trip for only 16 golfers each year and it's a pain int he A** trying to coordinate everything. We've been to Mb and it's a great time, glad you guys had a blast.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!