IGNORED

If Price Were No Object...

pueblo
Note: This thread is 4718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by motteler621

hey if money wasnt an issue I could call him princess and get him to do it.

I know you're joking (hopefully), but why would you insult the man then expect an honest effort on his part, assuming he accepted your money? I mean, it would be of no consequece to someone at our level who could get an old set of MacGregor blanks stamped with "Miura" and swear they were forged by a Samurai, but I'm just sayin'..

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

An excellent choice - a long history of championships and very simple and elegant design. I've owned quite a few sets of blades, representing most of the big brand names. The best "feeling" irons were and are my vintage Mizunos (hands down really) with Hogan and MacGregor being hit or miss depending on the vintage. When I tried to get into Wilson Staff blades, it was at a time when I was struggling with my swing, so I went another direction. The Mizunos really worked for me, but I think it was a coincidence, as I made the proper swing changes at about the same time.

Anyway, if money was no object, I'd probably stick with Cleveland. Their new tour blades really look (and feel) right to me. They're not the silkiest "feeling" (that would be something from Mizuno or Adams), but they go where I aim and I really like their grinds.

Good topic!!

What would you consider "vintage" Mizunos? MP32s, or 30s even? Something older?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX 3+, 4, 5
Irons: Ping G15 5 - PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-R (52*, 56*, 60*)
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4 (34" and 35")

Originally Posted by talismand

What would you consider "vintage" Mizunos? MP32s, or 30s even? Something older?

In my case, something before the 29s. All their players irons have been great, especailly the current versions which they nailed!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I know you're joking (hopefully), but why would you insult the man then expect an honest effort on his part, assuming he accepted your money? I mean, it would be of no consequece to someone at our level who could get an old set of MacGregor blanks stamped with "Miura" and swear they were forged by a Samurai, but I'm just sayin'..

im just joking, I wouldnt call the guy princess, lol, I would feel like a fool and a jerk. ive seen shorty always bring up the grammar thing on peoples posts. Considering the i and u and right next to each other on the keyboard. I would let someone call me princess if they were going to give me 1,000,000 for a set of irons thats for sure and that was my point

custom fitted scratch ez-1's

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Hell, if money was of no consequence...I would buy Titleist...not the clubs, but the company and have them forge as many clubs as I desired!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Shindig

I'd try Scratch and Miura before deciding.  At the moment, there's only one set I've tried that I like better than my MP-57s:

its like meatloaf "you took the words right out of my mouth"...i love my MP-57's and when i replace them i plan on doing a Miura fitting, there is a guy 30 minutes from who is an authorized dealer / fitter for Miura! Everytime i go into a slump i think about giving him a call...

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

At this point, it's not the money it's my swing.  There are alot of nice clubs out there, unfortunately most would be wasted on me at this point, so I'd have to stick with what I have and wait until I got better.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

At this point, it's not the money it's my swing.  There are alot of nice clubs out there, unfortunately most would be wasted on me at this point, so I'd have to stick with what I have and wait until I got better.

Well from your sig, its not like you are slumming!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Assuming I could hit them, Scratch blades and some of those fany Miura (sic?) wedges.  I can't hit them well enought so it doesn't matter.

A kid at the driving range I use has about 4 sets of beautiful looking blades (Hogan Apex, McGregors with custom paint, Callaway Prototypes, etc) but he can't even hit the damn PW on them well enough....

Originally Posted by nevets88

Money's no object, I'd own every set out there and try them all. Like Steve Elkington's garage.

Plus I would buy all needed equipment from Golfworks or Golfsmith so I could play with lofts lies, shafts and lengths.  Of course. between tinkering, practicing and playing the resulting  obsession followed by a 12 step golf intervention might be inevitable.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Originally Posted by nevets88

Money's no object, I'd own every set out there and try them all. Like Steve Elkington's garage.

Speaking of people's garages, sort of feel like this needs to be posted again.

golf_club_organization.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Stretch

Speaking of people's garages, sort of feel like this needs to be posted again.

Eh, it doesn't look like that anymore. I've given a lot of those away to local junior golfers.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I want to throw a curveball in this.

I would stick with my beloved G10's... and I would pay for a nice pack of like 20 course playing lessons and perfect what I have right now. I could certainly get custom Scratch iron's... but guess what, those dont help me from hitting it fat, slicing or hooking the ball.

Driver: Callaway FT-iZ 10*  I  2 Hybrid: Nike VR  I  3&4 Hybrid: Nike Sumo SQ  I  Irons: Ping G10 5-PW, LW,  I  52* & 62*: GigaGolf SGS  I  Putter: Cleveland BRZ #2  I  White things I chase: Srixon AD333

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted to own some Pings. I've played with 'em, just never "owned" any Pings. Hey, if anyone want to send me there's at no charge, I'm interested.

Driver: taylormade.gifR5 Duel 10.5 loft
Utility Clubs: taylormade.gif Rescue Mid Hybrid 16 loft; benhogan.gif 21 loft
Irons: gigagolf.gif GX922 5-PW
Putter: Northwestern (Yeah, it's old. a2_wink.gif)

Note: This thread is 4718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!