IGNORED

Driverish woods

Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any suggestions on a wood that is a good substitute for a driver?  I was thinking of a 2W or 4W.  I play mostly par 3 courses with little need for a driver.  Even when I play big boy golf I rarely reach for a driver using instead a 5W.

Look at tour edge exotic (TEE). I've read a couple threads on here talking about how great they are. You could also use any 3w in a 13*.

I've got a Cleveland Launcher DST 3 wood. That thing has the biggest head I've seen for a 3 wood, and a nice shaft to boot (Diamana Red).

Last summer I ditched my driver for a little while and hit this thing full time off the tee on long holes, It's like a 2 wood for me, even at 15*.

I know everyone is different and you should look at a bunch of different brands/shafts/etc. but I would like to recommend at least looking at the Burner Superfast 2.0 3w. I actually just returned from Golf Town and was testing both the 2.0 and the R11 and I must say, the 2.0 is super long. I was averaging 15-20 yrds further, on average than the R11. I was suggest trying it, with the longer shaft, it will be longer than the average 3w.

This is of course, if you like it, but I strongly recommend at least hitting it to see what your numbers are.

the new titleist 910fd is an option. larger head than the normal f, and weighted farther back in the head. It was made specifically for use off of the tee.

Originally Posted by boots1302

the new titleist 910fd is an option. larger head than the normal f, and weighted farther back in the head. It was made specifically for use off of the tee.

That is not correct. In fact, it's the opposite. The weight is not farther back, it is closer to the face in the 910fd.

But...it is a great 3 wood for the tee.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 4763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!