IGNORED

PING - Tell Me About your Pings

Note: This thread is 3259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm stuck in Germany without my sticks for a long time, and went to the local driving range to try and tame the "Entzugserscheinungen" (withdrawals).  They only have Ping clubs to rent, so I picked up an i10 7 iron and some no-name brand PW and went at it.  I have to say, that i10 7-iron was awesome.  Forgiving and long.  I was bombing it out there about 150 m (~160 yds, I think), which is about 15 yds further than my old Tommy Armour 7i.

One thing I didn't like was I couldn't really tell where on the clubface I was hitting the ball.  It felt the same pretty much every time at impact.  It's either that, or I pured it every time....

• 2 months later...

Well the G15 irons are awesome but I started playing around with the i 15 irons again and found that I like these a lot better especially in the shorter irons...I just like the way they set up better (less offset and thinner topline) so I have stayed with PING but went back to the i 15 irons (see sig)...I am now seriously antcipating the release of the i20 irons...bring it!

Originally Posted by i-Guy

My first set of clubs were PING Eye 2 irons...for a while I became a club ***** and I have owned i5, i10 and i15 irons over the last couple of years (along with other manufacturers clubs)...but recently I started working with someone who has convinced me to pick a set of clubs (get fitted) and stick with them...so check out my sig (G15 irons are friggin awesome) as I went back to PING...in my mind PING keeps things simple...they may not be the most flashy clubs but they are engineered to help you with your game and regardless of what level you are, help is a good thing...I say if you have never played PING that you should give them a try...however, BEWARE that you may never play any other iron again as I have found my way back to stay!

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

• 5 months later...

I am a first time Ping owner....and my verdict is AWESOME.  I recently purchased i20 irons and driver and I have broken my previous best round of 86 with an 85 and 84 in the first 2 rounds.  Nothing but down from here.  And I must admit that the customer service with Ping is second to none.  7 days from order to the range.  I have waited weeks for other orders from other manufacturers.

I got my first set of Pings, the ISI-Ks in 1997 and played them for about 7 years.  The got the itch to switch and ultimately went through 7 or 8 other sets before I finally returned to Ping.  Since then have had ISI-Ks (again), ISI BENis, Ping Eye 2s, I3 blades, S58 blades and now my G10 XGs.  The G10s are an excellent club for mid and high handicaps.  I struggled a bit with the I3 blades and the S58s, but the others were easy to hit and produced great results even with my normal mess of a swing.

Not sure if it is the clubs, or the swing improving, but my G10s helped me to reduced my handicap by 5 strokes -am now at low 14.

I am also a big fan of the Tour-W and Tour-S wedges - for me wedges have always been a love/hate situation, but I have hit more good wedges with the Tours than ever before - and finally began to experience the hop hop stop and some real back spin.

Being a ping owner has a few special benefits.  First, the clubs tend to wear very well and look good for a long time.  Second, Ping will fit and refit your lofts and lies for free as long as the club is a supported model and as long as you own them, even if they were purchased used.

So as a mid capper, I think Pings are a great club and a very good ownership experience.

I've tried ZIngs, G15. G2 and I15. All solid, forgiving clubs. I liked the I15 the least, it has a lower ball flight which I personally don't like. If I had the money I would play G15's or 20's, hands down.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been hitting Ping Eye2+ since the early 90s and they still feel good!  3-PW.  I had a chance to get them fitted one time while in Pheonix; Ping is a class act.  I really loked the G15s during a recent Demo day.  Still have a Ping-Pal that I like over my Odessey White Hot.

I'm still hitting my Zing 2's they're 3 - LW +1" green dots,

I don't feel like getting fit again, I've had these forever, just had rifle shafts and grips installed for this season

Bag
Adams Redline
Adams 3,5 Woods
Ping Zing 2
SaddlesPutter - Icon III

I have been struggling with my Taylormade Rac LTs so I got on Ping's website and did the online webfit. When I was at Play It Again Sports the other day I found a used Ping I3 6 iron to my specs and I thought what the heck and I bought it to try out.

I went to the range later that day and I tried the TM 6 iron against the Ping I3 6 iron and I gained 50 yards and alot more control with the Ping. It is amazing what having a fitted club can do for you.

Needless to say, I went and found myself a set of Ping I3 to my specs. Now I am a Ping guy.

Originally Posted by i-Guy

My first set of clubs were PING Eye 2 irons...for a while I became a club ***** and I have owned i5, i10 and i15 irons over the last couple of years (along with other manufacturers clubs)...but recently I started working with someone who has convinced me to pick a set of clubs (get fitted) and stick with them...so check out my sig (G15 irons are friggin awesome) as I went back to PING...in my mind PING keeps things simple...they may not be the most flashy clubs but they are engineered to help you with your game and regardless of what level you are, help is a good thing...I say if you have never played PING that you should give them a try...however, BEWARE that you may never play any other iron again as I have found my way back to stay!

This is hilarious.

Had tried ALL the other clubs.......Wilson 1200, then Staff... then Hogan Edge,... then Top Flite Tour and finally tried Ping i3 OS. WOW what a difference. I recently bought a set of G10 and love them. Best club I ever hit. Ping are the best for average golfers.

Also, I actually tried the "original" Karsten I around 1969-1970. The guy behind the counter said they looked awful. Let me try them and I must say, they performed very well. Looked weird, but hit wonderfully. Unfortunately I let the guy talk me into the Wilson 1200 instead.  Worst mistake I ever made.

Originally Posted by Kingkat1954

Had tried ALL the other clubs.......Wilson 1200, then Staff... then Hogan Edge,... then Top Flite Tour and finally tried Ping i3 OS. WOW what a difference. I recently bought a set of G10 and love them. Best club I ever hit. Ping are the best for average golfers.

Also, I actually tried the "original" Karsten I around 1969-1970. The guy behind the counter said they looked awful. Let me try them and I must say, they performed very well. Looked weird, but hit wonderfully. Unfortunately I let the guy talk me into the Wilson 1200 instead.  Worst mistake I ever made.

if you can get your hands on a Ping Chipo, they are great around the greens and in trouble spots..

Bag
Adams Redline
Adams 3,5 Woods
Ping Zing 2
SaddlesPutter - Icon III

• 3 years later...

Still play with Ping Eye2s.  I did reshaft them.  Mileage will vary but you could try a newer set of pings just to compare feel to your old clubs.

Vic aka Ringworld aka Community Director at Greenskeeper.org aka All Around Nice Guy.

I play Ping S55 4-W and Ping Gorge 50SS 54SS 58WS wedges. My shafts are the Aerotech i110...absolutely love this set. I also just scored a Ping SF Tec G30 driver with Tour 65 X-stiff. Beautiful driver, beautiful irons.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My set clubs I have a mixed bag, but must say my Ping G25 fairway and G30 Hybrid are my best performer in my bag, my G25 irons now getting use to them are giving me added distance. I do own a G25 driver which I put in bag when playing courses with tight fairways, tend to hit it straighter but not as long as my Titleist 915D driver.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

About 12 years ago, I was fitted for the first time for a set of clubs. Ping G2 irons. Loved them. Played them for 10 years. Then upgraded to Ping G25. They are 1" long and 4* upright. I love them. I also play a Ping Anser putter.

Note: This thread is 3259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!