IGNORED

Bushnell or Golf Buddy?

Note: This thread is 4017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Bushnell or Golf Buddy?

• Bushnell 1600
    • Golf Buddy World Platinum

Hey everyone, I need some serious help on this.

The season's approaching and I can't decide between the Bushnell 1600 Tournament Edition Rangefinder or the Golf Buddy World Platinum GPS?

Both don't have ongoing fees so that is no worry.  Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

I love my Golf Buddy. I have the World (just came out) and my dad has the World Platinum. They are both great. The touch screen is nice and it is very accurate. If you don't care about keeping score on it, i would suggest the world. It is the exact same as the world platinum, minus the score keeping. It is $100 less too. Every course i play on is already on it too.

Good Luck

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

I had the pro 1600 TE . And I"m getting the Hybrid right now.

The nice thing about range finder is that it's much more manual than the GPS. And that's what I like about it.

So figure out if your dad is the simple , easy type or he likes to be rather precise / be manual.

Either way, I think both are great.

Not at all, they are baby-easy.

Horizontal you prolly need 2 hands to hold it steady, since it is a bigger range finder than the average.

My hybrid is 1/3 smaller and it's vertical.

If you do go with Bushnell, why 1600 over the Tour V2? Just curious.

Originally Posted by golfer10

The season's approaching and I can't decide between the Bushnell 1600 Tournament Edition Rangefinder or the Golf Buddy World Platinum GPS?

Both don't have ongoing fees so that is no worry.  Any advice/past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

No real reason. Hadn't considered the V2 to be honest.

What's your opinion on both of the models? (V2 and 1600)

The 1600 is heavier but it has more magnification (7x v. 5x) and longer range (1600m v. 1000m), but unless you're playing a 11 000 yard course . . .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Well, I bought my 1600 since it was the best of the best at the time.

But its bulkiness was a little inconvenience.

I have yet to receive my Hybrid, but when I held it at the store, it's a 1 hand thing.

7x vs 5x , I don't think it's a big deal.

The GPS is much less hand work though. just punch a button and that's about it...

I choose a laser rangefinder over a gps for several reasons.  Versatility, no yearly fees, no loading courses, no hassles with coverage, no yardage creeping, just point and shoot.  I choose the Bushnell Tour V2 over the 1600 because it is smaller and lighter.  Easier to carry, easier to put away in the bag, easy to again "point and shoot".  And I think it is less prone to shaking hands problems due to its lesser magnification than the 1600.  In hindsight, I couldn't be happier with the choice I made !

Quote:

I choose a laser rangefinder over a gps for several reasons.  Versatility, no yearly fees, no loading courses, no hassles with coverage, no yardage creeping, just point and shoot.  I choose the Bushnell Tour V2 over the 1600 because it is smaller and lighter.  Easier to carry, easier to put away in the bag, easy to again "point and shoot".  And I think it is less prone to shaking hands problems due to its lesser magnification than the 1600.  In hindsight, I couldn't be happier with the choice I made !

Agreed, I have been contemplating between a rangefinder and GPS for a while now and I think the polls are fairly skewed that the rangefiner is better just due to the hassle free options. No fees, and extremely easy to use.

I don't have either one yet, but when I get one I think I am leaning towards the GPS, basically because I think it is a better tool for checking the distance of shots I've hit so I an get an accurate profile of my range of distances with each club.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Thought I would comment on this thread, though not sure if I'll be any help. I had been using a golf app on my android phone, but hated the battery life. I couldn't get through a round without battery issues. This season I decided to purchase a Golf GPS, but didn't want to spend a ton. I opted for the Bushnell Neo+. It is pretty much as simple as you can get. Its small. No fees. It has course auto discover as well as auto hole advance. In addition you can add for individual points per hole (sand, water, etc..). the battery lasts 14 to 16 hours which is plenty for a few rounds of golf. I got it for ~$120 a few weeks back, though it is going for $134 now.

Now I just need the weather to warm up so I can try it out.

Cheers

Matt

I voted neither, but I'm quite happy with my Garmin Approach G5 (which also does not have any fees associated with it).  I've owned a couple of lasers and a couple of GPS, and the Garmin is tops over all of them.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!