IGNORED

Which irons and driver?

Note: This thread is 4759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is my first post on this site but I have enjoyed reading for a while. I got my first set of clubs (complete set) from Sams Club about 10 years ago. I have only played about 12 games of golf with these because I have really just started getting into golf. I am definetly enjoying golf more now then before when I was in undergrad, maybe more time is a factor. Anyway, my question is which clubs are the keepers.

Irons:

The ones I got at Sams are Knight Vectra pro series stainless with Aldila FCT 370 graphite shafts and pro velvet grips, 3-SW. I also have a set of Black Shark MX-7's with Leyland 2.8S graphite shafts and Win grips, 3-PW. I have hit the Black Sharks a couple times and it seems that I am a lot more consistent with the Knights. Why is this? Should I just hit the Black Sharks more and get used to them? I have been told the Black Sharks are better clubs than the Knights but so far I don't see it, but I'm not a very good golfer at this point either.

Driver:

I bought a Callaway FT9 10 draw with a Aldila NVS 65S 350 shaft off craigslist and I hit it terribly. The next day a guy at work offered me an old Adams Speedline with a prolaunch shaft for $20. I hit it and loved it so I picked it up because I was so frustrated with the Callaway.

So what do you guys think about my irons and driver situation?

Welcome to the sand trap! I can say that Knights will get the job done as a beginner set but if you plan on diving into the sport head first, and you have the money, I will always recommend getting fitted. From a driver standpoint, if you hit it long and straight, why change? I wish you the best of luck

Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degree Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour

Maryland Golf and Country Club in Bel Air, MD.

Note: This thread is 4759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!