Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mattplusness

Right forearm pain

13 posts in this topic

Anyone got any idea why my right forearm hurts or what I can do to strengthen them?

It's probably just a pulled muscle from being cooped up all winter then swingin' for the fences today since it's the first round of the year but IDK

Oh btw, I'm a righty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Anyone got any idea why my right forearm hurts or what I can do to strengthen them?

It's probably just a pulled muscle from being cooped up all winter then swingin' for the fences today since it's the first round of the year but IDK

Oh btw, I'm a righty.


It sounds like a strain, but in no way am I a doctor of course. If the pain persists I'd see an actual doctor... and in the meantime would just ice it the first 24-48 hours, then soft use heat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's what I'm thinking it is because I can only feel it when I extend my arm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Lets say your hold your hand towards your chest, and you push your hand forward your arm begins to hurt? Its it just stiff or is there actually significant pain? Did youdo any exercising?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tennis Elbow? Is it in the forarm or elbow joint?Alot of golfers get tennis elbow ( like me )...ice, heat, ice, heat, ice, heat....


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Kieran123

Tennis Elbow? Is it in the forarm or elbow joint?Alot of golfers get tennis elbow ( like me )...ice, heat, ice, heat, ice, heat....


No it's definitely not elbow joint - it's the top of my forearm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am no doctor, but I have had severe tennis elbow and underwent surgery.  Tennis elbow is not only felt in the elbow.  My elbow is now great but I have pain in the top of my forearm.  Try ice and rest and DON'T let get worse, cause 5 months without swinging a club sucked!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure it's from swining the golf club/ Not from, ah, other activities?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Kieran123

Are you sure it's from swining the golf club/ Not from, ah, other activities?



Positive. I felt a "pinch" while hitting my 3w.

It seems to have gone away, but I haven't put it through anything strenuous since.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing happend to me after playing 9 yesterday...

My nephew said it's from not keeping my right arm straight during the follow through, after the ball strike...

My cousin is a Pro P/T and she said the same as Kieran123... Ice, heat, ice, heat...

Coinsidentally... If you want to see a physical therapist and reproduce the strain... hold a five pound weight in your right hand and keep your arm bent for ten minutes... Replicate the strain every time, guaranteed!

So, lighten up on your right hand grip... keep the forearm straight and don't break your wrist at the end of your swing...

Good luck with that....

Bob

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by saevel25

So Lets say your hold your hand towards your chest, and you push your hand forward your arm begins to hurt? Its it just stiff or is there actually significant pain? Did youdo any exercising?

I know this is an old post... but this fits my pain exactly.  So what does it mean?  I am lefty... I'm sure that matters... It always does!!!  Oddly there is no pain when I am playing/swinging my clubs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by TimMarino07

I know this is an old post... but this fits my pain exactly.  So what does it mean?  I am lefty... I'm sure that matters... It always does!!!  Oddly there is no pain when I am playing/swinging my clubs.

FWIW, it went away after some stretching and icing.

I'm guessing it was a pinched nerve or maybe a slight muscle pull.

Either way, if it doesn't go away after some "RICE" I'd go get it checked out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holding the club too tight? My forearm is killing me,I think because I do not use enough left arm?? anyone agree?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0