IGNORED

Why stop with White drivers?

Note: This thread is 4729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have no problem with colored club heads.  My previous driver was a Wilson Deep Red (absolutely beautiful head on that driver color-wise).  I just don't particularly care for the White.

I've hit the R11, but didn't like the look, so I'll stick with the black drivers for now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ricky Fowler would be upset after looking through that selection. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The plaid is the worst, couldn't feel comfortable with such a busily patterned crown at address.  I've played with black, grey, and blue drivers no problem

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'm not a fan of the white R11. They had a GREAT look (IMHO) going with the R9 SuperDeep/SuperTri, and they screwed it up. Of course, next month, we'll probably see commercials for "the darker side of distance - the all new R11 Midnight" or something like that. Coming to stores near you June of 2011.

As far as other colors, of course I like both glossy and matte black, but I could see a dark charcoal grey looking good. Even a deep navy blue might look ok. There was one of the R7s (CGB Max, maybe???), can't remember which one, that had a deep maroon head, and it was ok. I've heard that people have been hitting it great and all, but to me, if your product is technologically superior, it shouldnt need a paint job that screams "LOOK AT ME!" Having something unique or wild on the sole is one thing - you dont see that at address, but making the crown white just isn't my thing. Not knocking those that like it, just saying, it's not really for me.

• Upvote 1

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I think my personal line of golf club crown decency ends with black, white, and grey.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Couldn't you remove the protecting sealant, ( I assume there is some) and paint it whatever color you wanted?  Of course resale value would be shot.  If you liked the driver except for that, I would consider it.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Those clubs are disgustingly ugly.

There are only 3 good colors for clubhead in my book. Black, Grey, and Dark Navy, as mentioned, even the Bobby Jones dark green looks good.

I have been hating on the R11's since I first saw them, I think they look ugly, especially with the markings they have on the top of the crown. The Superfast 2.0 is the same way with the burner logo half on the crown half on the toe, I find it distracting and completely ruins the club. With that being said. I like the setup of the R11 and Superfast 2.0 as I got a chance to see them in person. They look like the ball will just jump off the face.

And another point. I hate Taylormades marketing, they go for sheer volume because they have a good name that they market and it's like crack for golfers. The Ghost series in the putter makes sense, but in a driver? Please, the white clubheads are nothing more to get more people to recognize their stuff. Anytime you see someone swinging a white club now you immediately know it's and R11, and the more and more you see, the more and more you will believe it's a great club, even more than because of the brand on it. It's a marketing scam, that's all Taylormade is. They come out with so much new crap it's sickening, just to keep the junkies buying more and more, ranting and raving about it to their buddies more, and getting the name out there. Taylormade uses golfers to make them money. And I still believe they take advantage of people who might not be aware exactly what they are doing by jacking up the 2.0's a club and making them longer.

They doop you into thinking it's the best. Don't get me wrong, they make great stuff, but their ways of doing business are not cool to me.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 -- Diamana A'hina X
titleist.gif 909 F3 15.0 --  Matrix Ozik X-Con
titleist.gif 910 CB 4-PW -- Project X 6.0
cleveland.gif CG10 52, 56, 60.
cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

Don't hate on me too much, but I like drivers in all sort of colours and shades (including browns, reds, and yellows).

39063lj_26.jpeg

post-17087-12667769158732_thumb.jpg

A-Commemorative-s_lg.jpg

post-20148-1189341889-3_thumb.jpg

hogan-sunburst-sole.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That Joe Powell driver is a thing of beauty

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

+1 on the persimmons!

Thanks for the eye candy.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I second the Joe Powell, that is beautiful!  I mentioned the Bobby Jones clubs being a nice green color earlier.  Finally got a chance to get a pic of one in the sun. DSCN0593.JPG

I own the Burner SF 2.0 and I love the white crown, say what you want but it works for me and gives me a lot of confidence at address.  I actually tried out the Plaid driver for kicks a couple weeks ago and I wasn't seeing any increase in my ball speed testing it versus the Burner and a couple other popular drivers.  I will say I found the white shaft in the club to be rather attractive.  The club a clunky feel to it when striking the ball and I never was able to get much consistency with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

I'm not a fan of the white R11. They had a GREAT look (IMHO) going with the R9 SuperDeep/SuperTri, and they screwed it up. Of course, next month, we'll probably see commercials for "the darker side of distance - the all new R11 Midnight" or something like that. Coming to stores near you June of 2011.

I'm pretty sure that Nike uses "the dark side of distance" for their Machspeed line.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 4729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!