• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mutadayen

White Grips Theory

14 posts in this topic

I recently regripped my clubs because I needed a more tacky feel due to control issues and my hands feeling they were being ripped up with a tour velvet grip from Golf Pride.  Im taking a big gamble as I regripped all the clubs with the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G.  In debating between black and white, I decided to go with all based on a theory that I tend to focus, at times, on my hands so I wanted to kinda blend my glove with the grip so everything to eye looks like its one solid color.  I know its completely mental, but its kind of a theory im working with.  Anyone have a take on this?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have the white tour wraps on all my clubs but I tend to focus on the ball. I love the grips they can get a little slick in wet weather but a good wipe down solves that problem. I'm not sure about the focus on your hand theory because I think you would have a hard time hitting the ball.

White grips will probably keep your gloves from getting black.  Im not sure I buy the theory of white grips making it seem like the club and your hands are one though.  A good grip should give you all the oneness with the club that is neccesary.

I think the hands theory is ridiculous, but I like the 2G Wraps (mine are red).  The white look sharp.

If you are looking at your hands you've got problems.

i don't really look at my hands but i do like the look of white on a grip.  i'm using the new decade multicompounds that are 1/2 white.

I have the Tour Wraps in black because I use the .580 size on my shafts (.600).  My old driver had a different shaft (.625) so I could use the white (colors only come in .600).  It looked really sharp. I never noticed it once I had the club in my hand, but it sure looked cool.

My theory on white grips is this: They will stay tackier because I will have to clean them more often. I plan on doing my new wedge set in the white GP multicompounds.

Originally Posted by mutadayen

In debating between black and white, I decided to go with all based on a theory that I tend to focus, at times, on my hands so I wanted to kinda blend my glove with the grip so everything to eye looks like its one solid color.  I know its completely mental...

I think you've answered your own question. Still, if you feel like it makes you better and then you play better, then it makes you better, even if it's not physically making you better. Ponder that, Grasshopper.

I'm boring. I'll stick with black. I've been trying the NDMC on a few clubs and wish that I could get those in black/black as well. Sigh.... As a previous poster noted though, if the white grips give you a better mental feel, they sound like a good fit to me. Perhaps that's why I stick with, and prefer, black?

I bought a set of the Winn lite firm grips.  13 of them and decided to buy new clubs so I don't need them right now.  Anyone want to buy them?  The part number on the packaging is 5LF-WH I paid $110+tax for them.  I would let them got for $95 obo.  Feel free to email me at kevinrriley@charter.net or PM me here

Originally Posted by rebby

I'm boring. I'll stick with black. I've been trying the NDMC on a few clubs and wish that I could get those in black/black as well. Sigh....

As a previous poster noted though, if the white grips give you a better mental feel, they sound like a good fit to me. Perhaps that's why I stick with, and prefer, black?

Once you go black......

Originally Posted by SandSave

I bought a set of the Winn lite firm grips.  13 of them and decided to buy new clubs so I don't need them right now.  Anyone want to buy them?  The part number on the packaging is 5LF-WH I paid $110+tax for them.  I would let them got for $95 obo.  Feel free to email me at kevinrriley@charter.net or PM me here

I believe you have the wrong forum.

Originally Posted by SandSave

Please create a thread in the Marketplace.

Back to the topic please.

Awards and Achievements