IGNORED

AimPoint Green Reading

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Zesty said:

I'm sure it would be against the rules like the elevation options on a rangefinder, but, I was thinking that it would be a great for practice if I had a belt that worked as a level and sent the readout to my golfwatch. Wherever I was standing a quick glance at my wrist would give the degree of slope. Has anyone seen a practice aid like this? 

No, plus your belt isn't always level or whatever. They have levels you use when practicing which is actually best anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, Zesty said:

I'm sure it would be against the rules like the elevation options on a rangefinder, but, I was thinking that it would be a great for practice if I had a belt that worked as a level and sent the readout to my golfwatch. Wherever I was standing a quick glance at my wrist would give the degree of slope. Has anyone seen a practice aid like this? 

You're much better off putting down a level on the ground. Your belt readings will be worthless: you could be standing askew, have your weight shifted, uneven shoes, pants riding up, etc. I've been using the Breakmeter app on the iPhone. The included spirit level in the Compass app could work as well, but the other app is putting specific. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, dkolo said:

You're much better off putting down a level on the ground. Your belt readings will be worthless: you could be standing askew, have your weight shifted, uneven shoes, pants riding up, etc. I've been using the Breakmeter app on the iPhone. The included spirit level in the Compass app could work as well, but the other app is putting specific. 

FWIW regular spirit levels don't work well unless they only measure the tilt across your line.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

So based on a few recent responses, including yours, do you think I should forego the aimpoint "class" and maybe just use the youtube quick videos on the aimpoint system to get a feel for it, and I can probably use a good chunk of the technique without attending a class? What about the "streaming" express class that's like ~$45? Do you think that set of video instruction would be helpful?

Thanks!

Based on the recommendations of people on this forum whose opinions I trust, I would say to take the class. I haven't because I'm lazy and cheap. Guesstimating with my feet gives me the direction of the break but I can't put a number on the break like people who take the class can.

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Based on the recommendations of people on this forum whose opinions I trust, I would say to take the class. I haven't because I'm lazy and cheap. Guesstimating with my feet gives me the direction of the break but I can't put a number on the break like people who take the class can.

Yup.

Can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

5 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

So based on a few recent responses, including yours, do you think I should forego the aimpoint "class" and maybe just use the youtube quick videos on the aimpoint system to get a feel for it, and I can probably use a good chunk of the technique without attending a class? What about the "streaming" express class that's like ~$45? Do you think that set of video instruction would be helpful?

Thanks!

I would take the class. You learn so much more doing it hands on with an instructor. You won't regret it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

27 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yup.

Lol!! And in spite of all that, this horse isn't such a terrible putter. I know I'd be better with the class though.

Colin P.

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol!! And in spite of all that, this horse isn't such a terrible putter. I know I'd be better with the class though.

Edel putter, FTW!

Christian

19 hours ago, iacas said:

FWIW regular spirit levels don't work well unless they only measure the tilt across your line.

I thought about taping a mini bubble level to the back of the putter so when you look down (and assuming you rest the putter flat on the ground) you would get an idea of the level.  You could then also use it to gauge the level at points down the line and it wouldn't particularly get in the way or be a hassle to use (might change the swing weight a bit). 

But I would assume that this type of thing might be against the rules.

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

35 minutes ago, ZappyAd said:

I thought about taping a mini bubble level to the back of the putter so when you look down (and assuming you rest the putter flat on the ground) you would get an idea of the level.  You could then also use it to gauge the level at points down the line and it wouldn't particularly get in the way or be a hassle to use (might change the swing weight a bit). 

But I would assume that this type of thing might be against the rules.

It's easier to spend $45 on the limited time offer on the DVD and learn to use your feet. It is a skill.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

It's easier to spend $45 on the limited time offer on the DVD and learn to use your feet. It is a skill.

And about $40 to buy a digital level.

21 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yup.

Here I thought you were going to call him another equine ;-)

Seriously @colin007, take a class. It's worth it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Well, I probably should, but I don't want to get too good at this dumbass game...

Colin P.

8 hours ago, billchao said:

:-$

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

Well, I probably should, but I don't want to get too good at this dumbass game...

bender-oh-wait-youre-serious-laugh.jpg

Christian

• 1 month later...

Guy doing AE while wearing a device that measures brain activity. Dunno how accurate Focus Band is, never heard of it, but interesting seeing the left to right side transition.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who says Aimpoint Express takes too long should just watch this video. 30 seconds to ready to putt.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Anyone who says Aimpoint Express takes too long should just watch this video. 30 seconds to ready to putt.

Anybody who says AimPoint Express takes too long has probably never done it or really seen anyone doing it. Even the pros take far longer reading their putts with their eyes than the ones who AimPoint do.

I often have my read before it's even my turn to putt.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon fellow aimpointers!  I was wondering if I could get a bit of help with the one part of the express read that still gives me fits.  I still cannot for some reason stand over the ball and tell with my hips what the slope is or what way it's going.  In my head I just can't feel it.  I can feel slope easily through my feet when I stand perpendicular to my line but for some reason stratling it I have a hard time feeling the slope then.

I know they talk about trying to feel which foot has more weight, but I'm thinking that I'm subconsciously taking weight off one side or the other instead of just going with it. 

Anyway, does anyone have any drills or anything they use to get a better feel for the slope when standing parallel to the line?