IGNORED

What's the weirdest food you ever ate?

PaulMVR
Note: This thread is 4734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I suppose "weird" would depend on what part of the world you live in since some places it's normal to eat dog.

I haven't tried anything too strange. I've had Lamb chops. And once I had a buffalo burger, which I thought was gross.

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

Deep fried cicadas -- in Thailand.  Difficult to look at, but if you didn't look at them, they were crunchy, spicy (fried with peppers), and went very well with an icy-cold beer.

Baked zucchini blossoms filled with cheese.  I tried it once, hated it and cant see myself ever trying it again.  The flavor of it actually wants bad but the texture and consistency was just too weird.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by PaulMVR

I suppose "weird" would depend on what part of the world you live in since some places it's normal to eat dog.

I haven't tried anything too strange. I've had Lamb chops. And once I had a buffalo burger, which I thought was gross.

Lamb chops? We eat that at least once a week....

I must say eating fried white bait was rank, even though some classy restaurants sell it for shitloads. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

That is a goofy video!

I liked lamb when I had it, about once a year, and I've talked to some people that thought it was kinda strange.

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

Ostrich for me and it was gggoooodddd! Like the tastiest, juiciest steak I've ever eaten. The flavour is a cross between beef and liver but enough on the beef side for it to be delicious (I hate liver!)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Rattle snake is very good.  I have had it several times deep fried.

Alligator is also very good.  I know it's cliche but it really does taste look and feel similar to chicken.

• Upvote 1

Not golf related, but in Taiwan one year I found a food stand outside Taipei that was selling fried chicken buttholes on a stick.  They just sliced around and skewered straight through.  I remember the Pizza Hut there served jellyfish pizza.  There was a bunch of other weird crap too, but I've forgotten because there was so much of it.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by PaulMVR

Buffalo burgers are the best!  I have mine with just swiss cheese and sauteed onions on it and nothing else.  What didn't you like about it?

I haven't eaten anything too exotic.  I have had ostrich, gator, squirrel, and squid.

Lamb weird? Wow, don't move to Australia or NZ

Weirdest thing I've eaten is fox or possum. We used to shoot 20 possums a night back home, figured we'd try eat it.

I had fox jerky and possum pie, both of which were pretty good.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Lamb weird? Wow, don't move to Australia or NZ

Weirdest thing I've eaten is fox or possum. We used to shoot 20 possums a night back home, figured we'd try eat it.

I had fox jerky and possum pie, both of which were pretty good.

you better cook the heck out of that meat, u ever heard of rabies,lol

Originally Posted by motteler621

you better cook the heck out of that meat, u ever heard of rabies,lol

Not in New Zealand :)

Wikipedia:

"The rabies virus survives in widespread, varied, rural fauna reservoirs. It is present in the animal populations of almost every country in the world, except in Australia and New Zealand."

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Yeah, we eat lots of lamb here too. Slow roasted leg of, with mint jelly, spells Sunday lunch to me.

I've traveled a lot for business and pleasure and eaten some weird stuff. Mopani worms probably take the cake for ick factor.

Raw:

mopani-worms-2.jpg

Cooked:

Worms.jpg

Mmmmmm!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To me lamb is quite common, and I live in the US. I guess it just depends what kind of a cook you are and where you like to shop. FWIW I think it's best grilled with some rosemary.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

I've traveled a lot for business and pleasure and eaten some weird stuff. Mopani worms probably take the cake for ick factor.

Mmmmmm!

thats some gross stuff, that cooked dish is filled with bug guts

Note: This thread is 4734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!