IGNORED

bridgestone?

Note: This thread is 4702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i know they arent new. actually huge over seas and towards asia, japan, etc. but anybody hitting "stones"? other than golf balls like drivers fairway woods or even wedges? they have some pretty lookin sticks i'll tell ya...

just ordered the staff fg tours and they are relatively very soft steel so im considering the j38 dual pocket cavity irons to manage the wear even.

how would you guys rank them against the big corporate companies? or even better..compare?

thanks and good will golfing =)

**it all started with an old wise mans run at the 09' british open...turnberry....

loved this game ever since..**

very nice forged offerings from Bstone

I have played the J36 CB's and they were nothing short of amazing feeling

Just hated the PJX shafts in them

Also the J38 driver is a long, straight, shallow faced bomber

not as much of a following in N.America i dont think, but over in Japan their sister line Tourstage, is huge

IMO cant go wrong with ANYTHING Bstone

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Originally Posted by enis750

very nice forged offerings from Bstone

I have played the J36 CB's and they were nothing short of amazing feeling

Just hated the PJX shafts in them

Also the J38 driver is a long, straight, shallow faced bomber

not as much of a following in N.America i dont think, but over in Japan their sister line Tourstage, is huge

IMO cant go wrong with ANYTHING Bstone

i had been wanting to try out some of there stuff and the golf section of our local sports store which is the best place anywhere in the state not including the pittsburgh area. i went to finally decide on ordering my fg tours and of course they had just got in a whole line of bridgestones. the j38 dpc irons were my other choice and if i saw them before the fgs id be sold but they had a slightly longer face from heal to toe and it was hard to train my eye. even the bridgestone driver looks like something of precision.

thanks very much

I dont game any Bstone clubs, but Ive tried them in the past and they are sweet.  Bridgestone's drivers are as good as anything else out there and their irons are as good as any of the best forged irons from legendary forgers such as Mizuno, Srixon and Miura.

IMO the only thing holding Bridgestone back is market presence.  They arent as widely available as other manufacturers, so they can be difficult to find.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

B-stone does make good irons and I would agree every bit as good as Mizuno or Titleist. They, as you mentioned are huge in Asia & Hawaii and slowly gaining popularity over here. However they are "clicky" compared to Titleist and even more so compared to Mizuno. Does this affect the playability, in no way does it interfer. Its just a matter of what type of "feel" you like. You can "soften" them up a little with different shafts, but they will never be as "buttery" as Mizuno, and "yes" I am a Mizuno fan.

The above is just my opinion and not written in stone.

I predict that Bridgestone's popularity will rise because of their aggressive marketing.  They have revived the duo of Freddie and Davis and the last time those guys played the same equipment they made an obscure manufacturer a household name virtually overnight.  Anyone ever hear of the Tommy Armour 845s?  They both were TA staff back in the early 90s.

Bstone products are solid.  Now they will get the cred they deserve in the golf world with their current staffers that include Couples, Love, Trevino, Price, Kuchar, Snedeker, Maruyama, and a few others.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TitleistWI  IMO the only thing holding Bridgestone back is market presence.  They arent as widely available as other manufacturers, so they can be difficult to find.

That has always been my opinion of them.  Their clubs look great, but I don't think I have ever seen one in person.  Sure as hell aren't going to buy any if I can't even hold them.  Their golf balls are fine.  I've used them before.  Nothing that will make me want to switch from using free Titleist balls, but plenty of solid offerings.  Their ball fitting tour would be great if they actually came to my area and did a public fitting within 30 miles of where I live.  We have a big public demo day tomorrow at a local city course, just about everyone is there, but no Bridgestone.  Distribution is the key.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I am still kicking myself for not getting a nice set of Bridgestone J36 combo irons when I had the chance. They were sweet clubs, felt really smooth, and produced the ball flight I wanted. However, I was Mizuno blind the last time I upgraded my irons. To me, similar to the Titleist 735CBs that I got rid of to get my current clubs.

I also love my Bridgestone J36 hybrid. Good distance, good ball flight. It's been chopped, tipped, and threw some lead tape on the head. Very good.

In short, Bridgestone clubs are definitely worth taking a look at.

Originally Posted by Blades4me

However they are "clicky" compared to Titleist and even more so compared to Mizuno.

Ive never heard anyone describe them as, "clicky", especially compared to Titleist irons.  I dont find them clicky at all (and they are far superior to Titleist clubs, IMO).  Feel is a relative thing though and can vary greatly from person to person.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

One of the BEST driver heads EVER! In a class all by itself. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/134056/width/1000/height/800][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/134056/width/1000/height/500[/IMG][/URL]

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Burke bought the Tommy Armour brand from MacGregor in the 60s. Eventually they changed the name of the company from Burke to Tommy Armour. They weren't as popular as Spalding, MacGregor, Wilson Staff etc. but I'm not sure they were "obscure". At least not any more obscure than the brand he had in the bag when he won The Masters - Lynx. Ernie Els won his first major with Lynx equipment as well.

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I predict that Bridgestone's popularity will rise because of their aggressive marketing.  They have revived the duo of Freddie and Davis and the last time those guys played the same equipment they made an obscure manufacturer a household name virtually overnight.  Anyone ever hear of the Tommy Armour 845s?  They both were TA staff back in the early 90s.

Bstone products are solid.  Now they will get the cred they deserve in the golf world with their current staffers that include Couples, Love, Trevino, Price, Kuchar, Snedeker, Maruyama, and a few others.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Ive never heard anyone describe them as, "clicky", especially compared to Titleist irons.  I dont find them clicky at all (and they are far superior to Titleist clubs, IMO).  Feel is a relative thing though and can vary greatly from person to person.

The only blades I've ever hit that were more "clicky" than my old Titleists were cast (Spalding Kro Flites, Pinseekers, Wright and Ditson some really cheap department store MacGregors) but I haven't hit any Titleists newer than 2000.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Burke bought the Tommy Armour brand from MacGregor in the 60s. Eventually they changed the name of the company from Burke to Tommy Armour. They weren't as popular as Spalding, MacGregor, Wilson Staff etc. but I'm not sure they were "obscure". At least not any more obscure than the brand he had in the bag when he won The Masters - Lynx. Ernie Els won his first major with Lynx equipment as well.

Well, obscure as in not well known, especially next to the examples you listed.  And I totally agree with the Lynx comment.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I play J36 combos with PX5.5s in them. Love the CBs and Blades, but hate the PCs. In fact I dislike the PCs that much that I'm looking at new sticks (tried out Srixon ZTX and Cleveland CG16 Tours today). Best set I have ever had though were two sets of Tourstage Z101s. Beautiful iron and so nice to hit. Have regretted selling them ever since I did!
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

i realize that bridgestone makes some pretty good clubs that are "older" and yet still in circulation. Like j33 cavity backs...not sure what ppl think of these.. any thoughts?

J36 Combo here. Love the clubs. Not sure I am 100 sold on the muscle back 5 and 4 iron yet. But great feel and ball flight on the clubs. They just look so good at address.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT

I play J36 combos with PX5.5s in them.

Love the CBs and Blades, but hate the PCs. In fact I dislike the PCs that much that I'm looking at new sticks (tried out Srixon ZTX and Cleveland CG16 Tours today).

Best set I have ever had though were two sets of Tourstage Z101s. Beautiful iron and so nice to hit. Have regretted selling them ever since I did!

Originally Posted by Wet Doggg

J36 Combo here. Love the clubs. Not sure I am 100 sold on the muscle back 5 and 4 iron yet. But great feel and ball flight on the clubs. They just look so good at address.

I have always thought the complete opposite...I really like the feel of the PC long irons. I feel like they are really springy and responsive. I am playing the PX 6.0 Flighted shafts in mine. Maybe that makes a difference.

I've waffled a bit on my Bridgestones, but I've decided to keep them in the bag for a while. My game is getting sharp again and these sticks just get the job done so nicely. I'm wearing nice little quarter sized wear marks on the 9-iron and PW. It is confidence inspiring to look down and see that you have been striking the ball well just by the wear of the clubface.

Note: This thread is 4702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!