IGNORED

bridgestone?

Note: This thread is 4703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I play the J36 cavity backs with flighted PX6.0 (5-pw) and man are they sweet clubs. The most underrated manufacturer in golf. Never thought of them as clicky and I have played mizuno clubs, my last set was the mp-52 which I never though I'd repalce. Way much better than the current Titleist CB and they just felt better than the MP-58 that I was looking at. Unlike other posters I'm glad they are not popular as I got my irons for a steal compared to the Titleist and Mizuno irons. Do yourself a favour and try them out, you won't be dissapointed.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

I like the Bridgestone Wedges -- the grind is versatile. I play it in the 60; thinking about the 54.

Good looking wedge, versatile grind, great spin. They are 8620 cast (B-Stone West Coast Design) and don't have that rock solid heft of a Vega (my other wedges) or Miura. But the grind is what I want in the one club that I use for about every shot around the green.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by the19thhole

Unlike other posters I'm glad they are not popular as I got my irons for a steal compared to the Titleist and Mizuno irons.

I would have to agree. I found my a guy was trying to sell on another golf message board. He claimed they were used for 5 rounds. When I received them they looked brand new. Total shipped to my door was $200. Amazing deal for amazing clubs with the Project X Flighted shafts.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Originally Posted by Wet Doggg

I would have to agree. I found my a guy was trying to sell on another golf message board. He claimed they were used for 5 rounds. When I received them they looked brand new. Total shipped to my door was $200. Amazing deal for amazing clubs with the Project X Flighted shafts.

You got a bargain there. I paid $280, but that was shipping to Australia so can't complain. Hope mine get me down to your handicap level lol. Will try any way. We have the same hybrids as well so I looks like a great choice all round.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Ive never heard anyone describe them as, "clicky", especially compared to Titleist irons.  I dont find them clicky at all (and they are far superior to Titleist clubs, IMO).  Feel is a relative thing though and can vary greatly from person to person.

Ive hit some of the newer stones the j38CBs and the j38Dual Pocket CBs and after realizing i had just bought a new set of fgs it made me sad. The feeling of these clubs when hit correctly is that sensation with every forged club that you search for , after you get "a taste". They (reviews/testers) consider the sensation on pure strikes exactly that. "Pure". So these other guys saying they are smooth can maybe relate to this feeling. So all in all, unless bridgestone made a huge change, i dont think these are clicky. Could very well be the sweetest irons ive tested.

only difference is from heel to toe they are much longer and might be a little more unattractive to you traditionalists. but this leads to more forgiving qualities. but doesnt hurt my interest.

Gotta consider getting some...its been lingering in my mind for months.

Note: This thread is 4703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!