IGNORED

Leading arm in the downswing

Note: This thread is 4745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by GIBBYDOG

I am curious.   i have heard of the master key instruction, but never have read anything about it.

what is the name of the teacher who invented it.

u got me thinking maybe i am leading with my shoulder more than i think i am..

i live in ohio and the weather has been really bad so i have played limited rounds this year.   but the rounds

i have played have been good.

how long have u been using this technique and how did u come across it

I have been using it for about 3 years.  I came across a long thread about it in another forum.  The name of the author is Noel Thomas.  I think it is only sold by him on the web.  A search for golf swing master key should bring it up.

Some have tried to compare it to the teaching of some other instructors, but the comparisons are always flawed.

I'm not a believer in the master key theory. I have found the downswing keys to be: - your weight begins to move forward and this is the timing component that everything else works around - your hips must lead the hands in the downswing to put both the left side in a good pulling position and the right in a good in to out position - the back of the left hand steers club head down on plane maintaining wrist angle and holding back on the 1/4 turn until the club head approaches the impact area - this is all timing All of this is dependent on a back swing that is long enough generate adequate power as you uncoil without needing to generate power with your wrists. Of course, there are many other core principles that must be maintained such as still head, head behind ball, consistent and somewhat light grip, smooth take away and transition, and on and on. But, From a timing perspective, the 3 items I have listed I believe represent the basic timing fundamentals that have stood the test of time.

Note: This thread is 4745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!