Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkhunter139

Getting putter cut down

5 posts in this topic

I am only 5 foot 10 and I use 35 inch putter which feels too long for me.  I'd like to get it cut down to 33" because I really like this putter and can't really afford a new one.  Does anyone know of a place that would do this for me?

Also would I need a new grip as well or would they be able to re use the old one?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

It is certainly possible to have a putter cut down, the overall weight will be slightly different but that has not really been an issue for me. There are ways to add weight back if you feel you need to do that, the easiest would be to use lead tape. The grip, in most cases, could be removed, saved and reused . . . any competent golf shop should be able to do this for you.

It will reduced the swing weight ..you might find your putter feel become lighter.

You could always do it yourself.  A simple pipe cutter, a piece of grip tape and some solvent will do the trick and take less than 5 minutes.  If you are not willing to tackle it yourself, take it to any golf store and they will do it for you.  Yes, you should add some weight and NO you will not be able to reuse the grip.

Golfwolf...How are places able to "reuse" grips?  I've never seen it done...Usually the old grip is cut off.