IGNORED

Hello from Sherwood, Oregon - yes, it's still raining

USGolfers
Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, have we had a lot of rain this winter and it's not over yet. But when the weather does change in spring Oregon has some great golf. My two regular courses here are Chehalem Glenn a newer course in Newberg and Langdon Farms which will host the local US Open qualifier this year on May 10th. But I think my favorite local course is still The Reserve South Course. A John Fought design, it has over 120 bunkers, lots of water and it's nice and long so you can take the driver out of the bag and let r rip!

For once I'm happy to say I'm in The Sand Trap!

I am a freelance web developer and am always grateful for leads.

Rich

Welcome to the forums.

My wife and I moved from Portland, OR to Omaha NE (thanks med school) about a year and a half ago.  Although I don't miss the rain, Oregon has some spectacular tracks.  I loved playing Langdon, The Reserve and Pumpkin Ridge when I was living in the area... hopefully we will find our way back there soon!

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Finally a decent weekend in Portland!  I played the Greenback at Heron Lakes on Saturday.  And yes my ball did plug in the fairway more then once.

• Upvote 1

Welcome Rich - that's 2 more Portland area STers in the last week, maybe we could get a local S&T; tourney together?

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Welcome to the sand trap, hopefully you can improve your game by posting here

Thanks for the welcoming. And maybe improve my posts by gaming here

• 4 years later...

Welcome.  I'm also in Oregon.  I played Chehalem Glenn once and it was nice and a good price.  

Driver: Nike SasQuatch 460 Tour Graphite
Irons: Titleist CB 712 Dynamic Gold
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl Steel Wedge 50° and 54°, Cleveland 588 RTG 60°
Putter: Nike Method Matter M4-12

Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!