• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newbgolfer

Anyway to "strip" callaway x22s?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was wondering if tehre's anyway to take off the badge and the gaudyness of the x22. Anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

One thought: would stripping off the badge lower the swingweight?

I played X20s for two seasons, and one thing I liked about them was the dull "nickel" finish: no glare, and didn't show bag wear very much. X22 had shiny chrome.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hm yeah, I hadn't thought about that part. Yes, my x22s show wear cuz of the shiny chrome, but its all worn/dull now anyway, so no biggie :)

I went out at the beginning of this year and numerous sets of irons, but still like my x22s the best. Just not a fan of the shiny blue back of them.

I watched a video on youtube about callaway that showed how they assembled there irons and I believe the badges are actual weights so they can adjust swingweights...but don't quote me on that.

Hm interesting. So i guess the only way is to paint them silver/gray huh?

Not only do they add to the swing weighting, I believe they also act in some sort of shock absorption role.  I know I read something about that somewhere, and it might have even been regarding another manufacturer's clubs too.  Heck, I can't remember now.  I guess this post added nothing of value!

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Not only do they add to the swing weighting, I believe they also act in some sort of shock absorption role.  I know I read something about that somewhere, and it might have even been regarding another manufacturer's clubs too.  Heck, I can't remember now.  I guess this post added nothing of value!

That's the case with PING, but not 100% sure on Callaway.