IGNORED

Are Pine Meadows golf clubs a good buy?

Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing golf for a few months now and have been making strides in getting better. I want to upgrade my top flite xl irons without spending too much. I golf left handed so its hard to find used golf clubs. And i came across pinemeadowgolf.com. I know they are just clones but the price is awesome for new irons.

Don't know about the Pinemeadow irons, but I have been using their Command BK Driver for about two years now and it has been a great club for me.  In fact I bought a 2nd one later (on sale) as a backup.  I doubt if you would go far wrong with their irons given your experience level.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

What price range are you looking at?

I'm not sure those clubs are much of an upgrade from the topflites.

I got a box set of topflite clubs about two years ago. I dumped the driver immediately and replaced it with a TM Burner. I used the irons for a summer and liked them, however recently upgraded my irons to Ping G10 XG's. I also replaced the topflite crappy putter with a Ping Anser 2. I still use the topflite 3 wood and bag. I'm not looking to upgrade those two items any time soon. I slowly upgraded the topflites over a span of a year and and a half on new clubs(models that came out 2 or 3 years ago) without spending a ton of money.

In the bag:

Driver - Taylormade '07 Burner 10.5* 

3W & 4h Top Flite XL

Irons - Ping G10 XG black dot 5-9 PW, SW

Wedges - Titleist Spin Milled Vokey 58*

Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 2 33''

Those Iron sets would be sidegrade and their are tons of used lefty clubs available if you look hard enough. Check out sites like 3balls.com and Callway PreOwned.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

Those Iron sets would be sidegrade and their are tons of used lefty clubs available if you look hard enough. Check out sites like 3balls.com and Callway PreOwned.

Just went to 3balls for him, looks like all the used lefty sets sold out at the big warehouse sale a month ago. All thats left is new iron sets for leftys.

BTW if your from Boston area going to the 3balls warehouse sale is great, it was alot of fun and I was able to shoot the shit with the sales guys and get 10% discount + free hats and gloves. It was a good time.,

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I have them and they are great imo. I have never used any top brand clubs before but I have used walmart brands and these are way better quality.

I think they are an excellent option on a budget.  Their customer service is great too so if you decided you did not like them you could send them back.

Giga Golf (www.gigagolf.com) is another good one.  A buddy of mine has a complete set of their club and he loves them.  I think he has the TRX models.

I have no problem with these sites and I frequented them and used them I was younger and less serious. The clubs last and they perform better then one would think.

However, if you really want to improve your game a good set of irons Is something you should really try to get your hands on. And on that budget ~200 you could get something nice and used. At least a 6-PW set. Having nice short Irons can really help your game. Just my 2 cents but when I switched from my no name Irons to the Nickents I have now, which are from like 06 or 07 the difference was very noticeable. My good shots played at least 2 Irons longer. For example my on my best of swings my 7 Iron used to be 150 yard club. Now that is my 9 iron. On my bad shots I got significantly more distance and loft then on my old set. The reason I suggest that if you do upgrade you get something Nice is that the Top Flite set is not going to be significantly worse then anything from PineMeadow. My suggestion would me to fill some of the more key slots with higher quality stuff like 6-PW and maybe a 54 degree wedge or something.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

I have no problem with these sites and I frequented them and used them I was younger and less serious. The clubs last and they perform better then one would think.

However, if you really want to improve your game a good set of irons Is something you should really try to get your hands on. And on that budget ~200 you could get something nice and used. At least a 6-PW set. Having nice short Irons can really help your game. Just my 2 cents but when I switched from my no name Irons to the Nickents I have now, which are from like 06 or 07 the difference was very noticeable. My good shots played at least 2 Irons longer. For example my on my best of swings my 7 Iron used to be 150 yard club. Now that is my 9 iron. On my bad shots I got significantly more distance and loft then on my old set. The reason I suggest that if you do upgrade you get something Nice is that the Top Flite set is not going to be significantly worse then anything from PineMeadow. My suggestion would me to fill some of the more key slots with higher quality stuff like 6-PW and maybe a 54 degree wedge or something.

You can't really say that without trying them...

I used Pinemeadow clubs when I first started playing golf in the late '90s.  Theyre clones but are a decent club for the price.  If you are on a budget and cant afford namebrand clubs, I say go for it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

The guy that started this thread said he wanted to upgrade . IMO Pinemeadows are not an upgrade from Topflites. It would be a lateral move.  Topflites are made by Callaway and are an excellent set for a person just getting into golf.

Save the money for a real upgrade.

In the bag:

Driver - Taylormade '07 Burner 10.5* 

3W & 4h Top Flite XL

Irons - Ping G10 XG black dot 5-9 PW, SW

Wedges - Titleist Spin Milled Vokey 58*

Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 2 33''

• 1 year later...

The Meadow's clubs are a good buy in that they are good quality and they do right by you at purchase. The club fit they used is a generic on-line fit, based on hight, age, your personal judgement of your speed etc.  What I mean here is, I always thought I was a 70-80 swing speed, until I went to a pro shop and fond up it was not true, as well as some other things about my swing. So my point is be carefull, and honest about your self also.

The Clubs are good clubs, well made in truth and very usable, but If I an understanding what you are attempting, I would say go pay for a pro fitting first, about 100.00  based on shopping in Tenn and Kentucky cost's for this.  The idea is to get all the results in front of you, get the print out from the fitting, and then shop for the best buy. A little time now, saves later.

It may turn out Meadow's are the right fit, but check it all first. Case in point, I am looking for the same thing, and called them to ask about flex for shaft's I was thinking about upgrading? I was told by the sales person to just buy the standard shaft.  I was told, that I was worrying about things to much. It turned out that after the fiting, in truth, for my and handycap and swing it was no concern, but the shafts I personaly wanted would have been very wrong for me.  So the point I make is get real state of the art facts first, then buy.

Also every thing on the Pnemeadow site I have read shows that they will accomadate you, for left hand Golfers on the custom sets, But many coments on the reviews say something like. sorry- no left hand clubs available in this set. So please be careful, your upgrade will be costly reguardless, so make it count. This way your Game will get the most enjoyment. You will fine that It will turn out to be a kind of "   I can pay me now, or later may again when I have to fix my mistakes" can of thing.   So Good luck and have fun in your hunt.  Dutch in Nashville

• 5 months later...

I played Wilson Di7s, Mizuno Shadow HTs, and TaylorMade 2008 Burners.  I bought the PM Command Q Titanium Irons.  I hit them 15 yards further per club than the Burners, and I think they are more forgiving than the Wilsons. It could just be the factor of moving to Titanium clubs, but I believe the Pinemeadow Clubs are well-constructed and a good set of clubs.  I was able to get them "custom" fit for much cheaper than I could have anywhere else. Now, it's expensive for me to get clubs properly fitted, because I'm over 6'3" tall. Standard shafts are too short for my swing. So, I can't buy used Pings or Razrs, because no one sells them cheaply at plus 1".

One reason I used to be sold on Mizuno was because they didn't spend a lot of money on player sponsorships and just concentrated on making great clubs. You used to be able to get a great set of Mizunos for a great price. I don't find that to be the case, anymore. PM's claim is that their clubs are made in the same factories that all the major club brands are made.  They say they don't spend all the money on marketing and sponsoring players; therefore, they can sell a quality "clone" at a low price. Mind you, they are not violating any copywrite laws any more than generic brands are in the grocery store.  Then again, I buy those, too!

Now, I'm no pro - I'm anywhere from an 8-12 handicap over the last three years. However, I've had the PM clubs since May of 2011, I can hit my PM 8 iron pretty darn straight most of the time, and it flies 155-160 yards. There may come a point where I want to move to a good set of player's irons, but while I'm still a mid-handicapper and I don't worry about moving the ball around a whole bunch, I'll stick to my Pinemeadow irons.

In the interest of full disclosure, though, I do carry four Vokey wedges in my bag, along with a Rocketballz Pro 9* Driver, a Rocketballz 3W, an R11 7W, and a TM Burner 4 hybrid.

I've played both Pinemeadow and Snake Eyes irons and woods when I first started playing the game. They are great clubs. I should have kept them around longer on both occasions when I upgraded.

Note: This thread is 4128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!