IGNORED

X100 high launch shafts

Note: This thread is 4719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello ladies and gents I'm just looking for some feedback on these shafts I recently went from Tommy armour 845 blade's with s300 shafts to the Nike vr split cavity with x100 high launch shafts in them got the clubs used for a good price and my ss is high enough to handle the stiffness but I've lost 10 to 15 yards of carry used to hit pw 145 to 150 but now I can only get 130 if I swing out of my shoes and all of my long irons seem to go about the same on the range at least only played 4 rounds with them but have coming up short on everything I suppose I could just use more club but would gladly change the out the shafts if that is the ploblem open to any help I can get

shaft can be too stiff for you. swing speed isnt the only factor into what is the best shaft. I too under "some shaft manufactures sites" should be hitting a x100  but i can hit better an s300 so i took the s300 and let it be. I hit it farther and gives me a nicer smoother feel at contact. remember saying u have an xtra shift shaft is nice to take about for 3 sec on he 19th hole. its the first 18 that will make people listen.

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
Wood: Titleist 910Fd
Hybrid: Titleist 910H
Irons: Titleist AP1
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56/11 60/7
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport 2

First off, give it some times to get used to the new set up.  Regardless of how many thing your changed when you got new clubs, they are still new to you and will need a bit of practice to get them figured out.  I went from clubs that used s300 shafts to new set with x100 shafts and it took quite a while until I got to my old distances.  It is a big adjustment and one that won't come right away.

Secondly, depending on your ballflight, using the HL shaft may be a part of it also.  That shaft is a little lighter and is supposed to do different things to the ballflight than the regular s300.  That could be a big factor as well.  It could be that you are hitting the ball higher and thus coming down steeper, which is good for holding a green, but might be a little shorter on distance.

Just give it some time for yourself to figure it out.  It will come.  If it doesn't, then you probably have a shaft that is too stiff.  It isn't all about swing speed, much of it is swing quality as well.  Give yourself some time to make slight adjustments and see how it works out.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

i play the HL shafts in my 4 & 5i Titliest 710 CB's

i like em, good for holding greens from 200+ out

little lighter, but i like it

for me, i picked up over 5yds switching from S300 to X100's

for me they werent any harder to hit, but my shots dont spin as much, less ballooning and MUCH tighter dispursion

check the lofts on the new irons compared to your old...they could be way out

a combo of new shafts and heads can take some time to get used to

i have only had my new irons in the bag for 10 rounds and am just starting to dial the distances in

i need to get my 9i loft checked out tho..... last 3 rounds, i have nuked it over 170 yds and its a MAX 150 club for me...frusterating

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I went from regular graphite to X100's in my 710 CB's and lost about 10-15 yards a club....at first. I have gotten used to them and now hit my normal yardages again.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!