IGNORED

Golf Balls - Who's telling the truth?

Note: This thread is 6288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You will not regret adding the Bridgestones. Some are even going for more than the Pro V1's on Ebay. Thats where I buy all my balls. I cannot justify the price at the proshop. I just picked up 50 Pro V1's for $52.00 including shipping. All are in almost new shape. Sure they have some markers on them..but oh well. One thing you will find with hitting the Pro V1's is that after the first hole..your going to have some marks on then.

Driver FT-5 9.5-neutral-stiff
Wood Fusion 3 wood 15*-neutral-stiff
Irons X-forged irons 4-W
Wedges Vokey spinned milled 54* bent to 52*,56* and 60*
Putter Tour Blue TT3Balls Pro V1x

Q3 - I was exaggerating. I'm sorry if you spent time searching your inventory for a matching quote.

The NXT Tour will spin a bit - unlike the So/Lo - and isn't nearly as pricey as the ProV1. I like them, but I have a tough time with urethane balls like the ProV. They spin too much and I have a tough time controlling it.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

DT Solo's are junk balls. If you want a forgiving ball with lots of feel start hitting the Pro V1. I switch off an on between the Pro V1 and the Bridgestone B330S. Bridgestone is longer off the T, but the Pro V1 has more feel around the greens. I am a 4 handicapper...so take it for what its worth

I guess for some of us, a "junk" ball works better...maybe my swing is junk so it's a good match

. I have better results with DT Solo's and NXT's than I do with Pro V1's. Not sure yet why that's the case but I've tested the theory enough to know it's true. It's actually a really good thing since the Pro V1's are more expensive.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Golfchief . . . I believe your league may be imposing a 'one ball rule' but that is at its disgression and this rule is not an official rule of golf. Here is a clarification . . .

Your right my league is full of hard core golfers, most play in other leagues and are tired of golfers using a (putting ball, usually brand new) three foot gimmies and guys changing balls in the middle of the fairway because they have to hit over water If they fine a rule in the book thats what we play. If I only played once a week at my course my handicap is 3-4, however I usually play 6 days a week and some courses I've never played. my scores range 73-84 and if the course is open we play rain,snow,wind or sunshine.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

The Ball Type I play at the moment is the "Precept Uri Tri Extra Spin" it is not the newest Ball on the market but i really do like the High Spinrate and the very nice and soft feel of this ball. The only thing that i had to get used to was the deeper sound when you Putt it... But that doesnt really matter to me and the Price (8€) is better then ProV1 and his high priced friends.

www.golftestusa.com/balls_fall2002.html

WitB

R7 Superquad 10.5
R7 Steel 3 Fw
2 Iron Rescue Dual MP 60 3-PW Vokey SM 56.10 Vokey SM 60.08 White Hot XG # 9

Note: This thread is 6288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!