IGNORED

The Big Break "Indian Wells"

walk18
Note:Β This thread is 4653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I watched the episode last night on DVR and saw a number of guys talk big (Huff and Puff) and not hit the fairway.Β Β I'm not sure why you'd single out the one guy that made the sacrifice to serve his countryΒ to protect our way of life, weird way to say "Thank You"Β  since you know the guy is a ST member.

Originally Posted by dmilt23451

Hmmm seems as though my post was deleted...

Let me try and put it in a little bit more golf friendly way: I think that most of the contestants are way over the top, whether that is due to the producer's direction or just them. I especially can't stand the Marine with all of his "Huff and Puff" and then duck hooking his drive during the long drive challenge. We get it your big and bad...why dont you just chill or at least bring some game.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I doubt Normdamarine needs my support but here it is anyway. Β I am an ex Sailor and spent most of my military time in a Navy/Marine joint effort unit. Β My immediate superior officer was a Marine Captain. Β So I've had some experience with Marines and they are unique & special people. Β If they feel a pride in their service they are entitled in my opinion. Β So Norm I'm rooting for you both on and off the course and thanks for what you do for the country.

Butch

Big Break is a reality show competition amongst amateur golfers. Β I would expect to see emotion in a competition and since it’s a tv show it has to have people you root for and people you root against. Β I don’t think you should anyone should be put down yet for their play or attitude on the first day. Β I certainly do not think that anyone has the right to put down a person who has proudly served his country. Β I am hoping that we don’t have the poor sportsmanship that has been demonstrated on the last few Big Breaks.

Anyone here who decides to call out any of these players after ONE, maybe TWO of the most high pressure shots they have ever hit end up in the jungle....

Well, I'll play any of those posters for just about whatever they want.Β  For crying out loud - they are ALL nervous.Β  Big money on the line, tv cameras, production people everywhere, PGA EXEMPTION as a prize?

We'd all step up and stripe it... yeah, whatever.Β  Half of you coudn't even get it on the tee the first time.

I'm pulling for Russell and for the Figure Skater's kid (David, I think?).Β  A few former BB winners have been friendly with him recently on various social media sites.Β  Hmmmmm.... yep, he's my pick right now. Figure skater guy for the win.

And thank you Russell for any and all comments you can make about the show.Β  You're tongue tied of course, but even a small observation here and there will be fun.Β  Can you get me Carling Coffing's number please?Β  Thanks....

Β :macgregor:Β V Foil 8.5* Β  Β :tmade:Β Mid Rescue 16*Β  -- :wilsonstaff:Β RMΒ  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey:Β 56/10Β  -- :scotty_cameron:Β Studio DesignΒ 2Β  & a Β :srixon:Β Z StarΒ 

Originally Posted by normdamarine

I really do wish I could comment on anything you guys have seen on the show but I can't...

Did I read that one graphic right??Β  All-Marine Corp Golf Team or something simlar?Β  More info please....Β  sounds interesting.

Β :macgregor:Β V Foil 8.5* Β  Β :tmade:Β Mid Rescue 16*Β  -- :wilsonstaff:Β RMΒ  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey:Β 56/10Β  -- :scotty_cameron:Β Studio DesignΒ 2Β  & a Β :srixon:Β Z StarΒ 

Originally Posted by Bryan SD2

Well, I'll play any of those posters for just about whatever they want.Β  For crying out loud - they are ALL nervous.Β  Big money on the line, tv cameras, production people everywhere, PGA EXEMPTION as a prize?

I've said it a few times, but I do believe the shot-for-shot pressure they feel on this show is probably bigger than what most of the pros deal with the majority of the time (meaning, not counting Sundays of a major). Β The minority of people who have played on pro tours AND BB seem to agree with this, as they've said as much.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Bryan SD2

Anyone here who decides to call out any of these players after ONE, maybe TWO of the most high pressure shots they have ever hit end up in the jungle....

I don't think it's over the line to call out the guys on the show. I can understand that they are nervous, but the show is about giving someone an exemption into a PGA Tour event. The guys they pick for the show should be guys who are worthy of that exemption. We see it over and over again on this show, they get a couple guys who can really play and then a couple guys who all they do is talk about how good they are and never actually show it. These guys are supposed to be around scratch or better and one would have to assume these guys are used to tournament golf. I would hope that if you're considering trying out for the show and a possible PGA Tour exemption, you wouldn't be just a player who only gets out once a week with his buddies. There's a few of them that from the first show just don't look like they're all that. But, it's only been one show; maybe these guys will surprise me. Don't get me wrong though, there are a few guys who you can tell just by watching them they are better than the rest.

Iacas, thanks for the support... I really do wish I could comment on anything you guys have seen on the show but I can't... The one thing I will say is if Dmilt wants to meet on the course one day and play for whatever he wants I am game... Just saying...

Hey man I'm not the one on tv playing golf...All I'm saying is with all of your commentary the words "Put up or Shut up" have never been truer and on the first episode you were doing a WHOLE LOT of talking

Whats in myΒ bagboy.gif:Β callaway.gifΒ FT-9 I-Mix Head on UST V2,Β callaway.gifΒ Diablo 3 Wood,Β adams.gifΒ A7 #3 and #4 Hybrid,Β adams.gifΒ A7 5 - PW,Β cleveland.gifΒ CG15 - 52, 56, 60,Β rife.gifΒ Abaco

Originally Posted by dmilt23451

Hey man I'm not the one on tv playing golf...All I'm saying is with all of your commentary the words "Put up or Shut up" have never been truer and on the first episode you were doing a WHOLE LOT of talking

You know, you are right... You are not on TV playing golf so you can arm chair QB all you want... If you have never been a Marine you will not understand half of the ism's I am going to use on the show... Either way I hope you enjoy the series and the offer still stands... I will play anywhere; as long as the bet covers my travel cost...

That was a nice little implosion from Junior Floyd. We all know now why he has yet to follow in his father's footsteps.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I wanna punch the Canadian, I believe his name is Kent, in the mouth! He's crossed the line from confident to cocky *******!

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3WΒ 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PWΒ 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T MalletΒ 

Ball Tour i(s)

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I watched the episode last night on DVR and saw a number of guys talk big (Huff and Puff) and not hit the fairway.Β Β I'm not sure why you'd single out the one guy that made the sacrifice to serve his countryΒ to protect our way of life, weird way to say "Thank You"Β  since you know the guy is a ST member.

Don't get it twisted I'm not calling his service to this country into question. Just all of his underwhelming bravado

Whats in myΒ bagboy.gif:Β callaway.gifΒ FT-9 I-Mix Head on UST V2,Β callaway.gifΒ Diablo 3 Wood,Β adams.gifΒ A7 #3 and #4 Hybrid,Β adams.gifΒ A7 5 - PW,Β cleveland.gifΒ CG15 - 52, 56, 60,Β rife.gifΒ Abaco

This years group seems to have an overabundance of douchebaggery.Β Β  The guy from Canada seems to have some real self esteem issues and the Texan reminds me of the guy in the bar that talks about how bad ass he us right up to the point someone kicks the shit out him.

I just hope Russell doesn't choke someone out. :P

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20'sΒ  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

So let me get this straight - saying anything critical about the marine is off limits on this forum?Β  I mean you can appreciate the sacrifice and great thing that hes doing for our country and make observations and opinions about him on the show without betraying that fact.Β  Reality is he did talk some smack and he did hit his drive into the trees not even close to the fairway - I dont know why people are coming down on this dude for pointing that out.

And normadamarine you would have to give this dmilt guy a million strokes if you played him - says his handicap is a 26 an yours is a 0.6 - whats that like 10 strokes per 9?

I thought it was crazy how the israeli dude was paying his bills with gambling winnings off the golf course - and the sprinter guy who they showed hitting a drive and then busting out sprinting down the fairway with his clicgear to get golf in during his lunch break - hes gotta be in ridiculously good shape.

I have to agree with some of the other posters - every time I watch the big break i feel like most of the guys aren't worthy of getting an exemption into a pga event - I dont know if its the editing or what but they hit a whole lot of very bad shots that I never see even journeymen tour pros hit.Β  Well - except for that 16 Kevin Na threw up and the chokeathon rory pulled in the masters.

• Upvote 2

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

You know, you are right... You are not on TV playing golf so you can arm chair QB all you want... If you have never been a Marine you will not understand half of the ism's I am going to use on the show... Either way I hope you enjoy the series and the offer still stands... I will play anywhere; as long as the bet covers my travel cost...

OoRah Mate!

Lets see how you fair for the rest of the BB before you put up any more money.

On a more serious note way to grind out that elimination challenge...

Note:Β This thread is 4653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!