IGNORED

Picks for US Open at Congressional?

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This course is LONG, just over 7,500 yards! The longest any US Open course has ever been. Long and straight is going to win here.

I'm thinking Dustin Johnson gets his retribution here.

Others to ponder:

Hunter Mahan (hits a ton of fairways)

Nick Watney (on fire right now)

Dark Horse: Steve Stricker (don't ask me why)

Bubba Watson, Luke Donald and Dustin Johnson are my top 3 picks for a win at the US Open.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Originally Posted by Canuck

Bubba Watson, Luke Donald and Dustin Johnson are my top 3 picks for a win at the US Open.

One of these things is not like the others.

I'd love Ernie to make a few putts for a change and give himself a chance.

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With his win last week at Players, gotta make K.J. Choi one of the favorites.  Matt Kuchar would be another one to watch out for.   Would be nice to see Bubba play well, length will definitely be an advantage.   Dont count out a guy like Angel Cabrera, he's another guy who can bomb it and always seems to play his best in majors.   I know a few people will list Tiger among the favorites, he'll be lucky to even play and if he does, i dont even think he'll even be top 10.  I think at this point in his career, the majors are all he really even cares to play in, except maybe a few other tournaments,  10-12 events a year is prob the max you'll ever see him play again even when he is healthy.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Michael Campbell

No, DJ or Watney for me

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'll take J.B. Holmes he seems somewhat underrated, and I think Sergio is starting to look good--but not sure if he's in the field.

Nick Watney, Bubba Watson or Angel Cabrera.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by Stretch

I'd love Ernie to make a few putts for a change and give himself a chance.

Agree 100%.....would love to see it.  Prolly get reamed for this, but I would like to see Sergio make some noise...I beleive he has won on this course before (could be wrong).....from a nostalic perspective, how much fun would it be to see Tom Lehman in contention on Sunday (if he can get in the tournament)...if he does, I am going to predict he makes the cut and finished Top 25.....wouldn't kill me to see Rory in the hunt on Sunday and shoot a 43 on the back nine...don't know why either.

Ultimately, I just want to see a great tournament........and Sabbatini NOT contend.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I have to go with Choi. He would be the people's champ. He is due for a major.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Congressional is long, straight, and narrow; expect a bomber to win it all. If you're holding me at knifepoint for a name, Martin Laird would be a good pick.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

i wouldent discount martin kaymer. he is coming into form and has a new caddy.

and he is super straight

Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

I think there is too much hype on Kuchar. I know he is a sold golfer but he hasn't really been a huge factor this year. Looks like he has been working on a few swing changes as well, I just don't see this as his US Open.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

TIGER

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

I hope: tiger

I really don't know who to pick just yet, it's a little early IMO.

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

As has been the case in recent time its gonna be someone out of left field. Fred Couples! He's still BoomBoom too bad he can't putt inside 5 feet. so scratch that.

I'd like to see Kaymer win. Bubba will miss the cut. KJ's major will be the Masters or maybe this year's PGA. Donald, can't discount how well he's playing. I wouldn't count out Cabrera.

my official pick: Paul Casey

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Lee Westwood to win, Paul Casey will miss the cut unfortunately.

adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I think lee westwood has the perfect game for the us open but then again I though monty did as well.

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

I'll go for one of the Auzzies following up from the Masters and either Adam Scott or Jason Day winning.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Note: This thread is 4692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!