IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Tour Shoes

Note: This thread is 3348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I just wanted to give a heads up and point again at TRUE Linkswear shoes. There are two blog posts you might want to check out as well:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/true_linkswear_launches_tour_golf_shoe

http://thesandtrap.com/b/apparel/true_linkswear_tour_shoes_review

Two photos from that review show off the first pair I bought, shoes which my wife refers to as "my clown shoes." She has a point - they look a little goofy. But she's just teasing me a little, and with pants they look a LOT less goofy, and frankly, I think they stand out just enough to be cool. :-) So take that, woman!

_.jpg _2.jpg

I love, love , love these shoes. I wear them non-stop - teaching, playing a little golf (practicing), going to run errands, etc. The tread has lasted a fair amount of time and the shoes are still in really good shape.

I love them so much I just had to get a pair of white and brown ones to wear on the days I opt for khaki pants. I'm happy to report that the quality and comfort are as high as I've come to expect. These shoes are the best I've ever owned, bar none.

Here's what they look like (if you want some more traditional looking shoes, then going reverse saddle like the black-white-black shoes above is not the way to go - go white-color-white like these - nobody will be able to tell the difference, really, unless they look at the soles or have a habit of staring at people's feet):

_3.jpg _4.jpg

I have no financial interest in TRUE at all. The shoes slip a teeny little bit when the grass gets moist (but they do prevent over-swinging, that's for sure, and in dry to normal conditions they grip as well as anything). The comfort is phenomenal.

I've always appreciated comfortable shoes. They say you do so the older you get, but as a guy who stands 10 hours a day some days, comfort is a must. TRUE Tours rock in that regard.

Web site: http://www.truelinkswear.com/

Product Page: http://thesandtrap.com/products/true-linkswear-true-tour-golf-shoes

Bag Drop: http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/true_linkswear_launches_tour_golf_shoe

Full Review: http://thesandtrap.com/b/apparel/true_linkswear_tour_shoes_review

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

i just got a pair last week (white/black), played in them yesterday morning, they for sure are the lightest golf shoe i have owned, and the most comfortable as well.

in fact i happen 2b in golfsmith last night, p/u some golf balls and saw they carried them in stock at my local store now, i looked at getting a 2nd pair which was the brown/ white, but didnt bcuz the QC on that pair was really bad there was glue from the sole all on the brown leather.

Next time I'm at a golf store I'm going to show them to my father. He got these super-light Nike Free shoes a few months ago, and now he's obsessed with light and simple shoes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Even the minor slippage problems I was talking about above, I think I over-stated. I've now played a tournament round in them and felt 100% comfortable on EVERY shot from EVERY lie.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a pair and getting another pair soon (Fathers Day).  I have played in what I would call a "wet track" and had no issues at all.  Even on a side hill lie with a long iron in hand (typical over swing situation).

For the more "traditional" look, TRUE has come out with a stealth model which looks promising.

• Administrator

We're going to run a Bag Drop column here shortly on the new Stealth models. They look sweet and I know they're just as comfortable.

I have a pair of Tours and simply love them. I've played 5 rounds in them and have never slipped (but then I can play in tennis shoes also).

Light, comfortable, and with the wider toe box, I can actually use my toes to help with balance.

Like playing golf in your favorite pair of slippers.

I'll be getting another pair soon! (different color)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a pair of Stealths, and they do NOT fit the same as the Tours. Narrower across the middle of the foot. These things are no where near as comfortable wearing them around the house. I'll try playing in them tomorrow, but if they don't start stretching soon, they may rot in the closet. Very disappointed.

Guys with wide feet should stick with the Tours, IMO.

In the Bag

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Damn, that sucks.  I was thinking of picking up the Stealths for a brown option (since I did not like the Black with Brown).  I really was digging the brown with tan soles that Ryan was sporting at the Travelers Final round.  Too bad that color option is not offered yet...  I would have bought online them yesterday

Originally Posted by wmiller

Just got a pair of Stealths, and they do NOT fit the same as the Tours. Narrower across the middle of the foot. These things are no where near as comfortable wearing them around the house. I'll try playing in them tomorrow, but if they don't start stretching soon, they may rot in the closet. Very disappointed.

Guys with wide feet should stick with the Tours, IMO.

Well stealths might be the ones for me-I have been wanting to try the tours but I have a more narrow foot and with no place near to try on, I have been a bit apprehensive about ordering online.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I should have included the fact that I normally wear a size 13EEE shoe. The Trues fit perfectly, the Stealths are tighter.

UPDATE: I've worn the Stealths for two rounds, the last walking a slightly hilly course, and they appear to be breaking in OK. Still a little snug across the top of my foot, but I loosened the shoestrings a little more and that appears to be working for now. They ARE stretching, so they should end up fine.

In the Bag

SC Newport 2.5

Sounding good for me as I wear 10.5 D.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

DBuck-

Honestly, TRUE is by far the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn.  I saw on one of the "other" golf forums that TRUE also does free return shipping on returns.  Luckily I have a local shop that carries them, yet they never have the style I want to buy.  Too bad the stealths are online only.

• 5 months later...

As some may know, I have a few pairs and absolutely love them... I've heard that they are coming out with a new model (the phx) and doing some snooping around online I managed to find their 2012 catalog.  The new shoes look great and if anybody is in the market for Trues, it might just be worth waiting until the start of the year for them.

http://www.viewdocsonline.com/document/3uil53

Right now I have three pairs (the white/white and black/black tours, and black stealths) and when they start selling the new line I think I'm gonna pick up a par of the white/true blue phxs and maybe a pair of the white stealths.

The original shoes are awesome and I think that the new ones get rid of a little bit of the "goofiness" that some seem to see in these shoes.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Not sure if Golfsmith is still selling the originals for $65. The price shows up when you check out on line. Very odd. Out the door mine were $78.63 including tax and shipping. The bad news (for some) is that Golfsmith is scheduled to ship mine 14 days after my order. The weather is in the 30's here so I'm in no hurry. Still, 14 days from payment to ship is a bit much.

I added the Black/Black to my White/Browns.

I expect these to be my go-to shoes next spring.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Not sure if Golfsmith is still selling the originals for $65. The price shows up when you check out on line. Very odd. Out the door mine were $78.63 including tax and shipping. The bad news (for some) is that Golfsmith is scheduled to ship mine 14 days after my order. The weather is in the 30's here so I'm in no hurry. Still, 14 days from payment to ship is a bit much.

I added the Black/Black to my White/Browns.

I expect these to be my go-to shoes next spring.

That must have been some sort of glitch... I checked right now and online they are $129 which is the same price that TRUE sells them for themselves (in store my local Golfsmith still has them at $159).  At $65 I'd be getting the white/browns.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

That must have been some sort of glitch... I checked right now and online they are $129 which is the same price that TRUE sells them for themselves (in store my local Golfsmith still has them at $159).  At $65 I'd be getting the white/browns.

I read on that other forum that you need to actually put them in your cart at $129 and when you check out the price changes to $65. That is what worked for me. Most unusual thing I've seen when buying on line. It stayed at $129 in my cart and only changed when I checked out. The same thing was supposed to happen with Ecco Street Premiere shoes too. I ordered two weeks ago.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I read on that other forum that you need to actually put them in your cart at $129 and when you check out the price changes to $65. That is what worked for me. Most unusual thing I've seen when buying on line. It stayed at $129 in my cart and only changed when I checked out. The same thing was supposed to happen with Ecco Street Premiere shoes too. I ordered two weeks ago.

I went through the entire process up until the point where I submitted the order (I put in my billing and shipping info) and it never changed.  Wish I had known about it sooner otherwise I'd have taken advantage of it.  It's ok though, I have my eyes set on a pair of the TRUE phxs when they come out.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 3348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!