IGNORED

Nike Slingshot OSS irons, Good deal?

Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Good deal?

• Yes, go for it!
    • So so
    • No, youre a fool

Hi

Im just starting out golf and needed to buy some irons. I decided to buy them used instead of new as many people recommended doing. I currently practice with a driver and a free burner 2.0 6 iron that I absolutely love(but cant afford)

A guy on craigslist is selling me a

5 Wood-Nike Sumo

4 Hybrid-Nike Sumo
5 Hybrid-Nike Sumo
6 Hybrid-Nike Sumo

and

Nike Sling Shot Irons -2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW

all for $220.

Do you guys feel like this is a good deal for a beginner. I already have a nike sumo 5900 driver that I like.

thanks

Yes. If they are in good shape. Those were my second choice last week when I bought new irons. They were going to cost me 300 for just the irons. I say buy them. I would.

• 4 weeks later...

The slingshots were my first irons. A good value but, I quickly moved on to other irons. Not that I'm awesome but, they didn't "feel" right as I progressed. Just sayin.

910D2 9.5°
 Baffler Rail Fairway 3F 15.5°
IDEA Tech V3 3i 19°

G20 Hybrid  23°
JPX800PRO 5-GW

SM 56°, 64°
  KOMBI-S Mid 43"

These were also my first irons. I played them for about 9 months before buying my current set. There is just something about the thickness of them that annoyed me (I am sure it had nothing to do with a newbie swing.) I still have an OSS sand wedge that I will throw in the bag if I know a course has real soft sand. I didnt know that they made a 2 iron, I know my set did not include a 3i or sw.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That is a good deal. I've owned those irons and liked them a lot. Good price and good set for a newbie. Go for it.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!