IGNORED

HiBORE XL, XL Tour

Note: This thread is 6306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any reviews or opinions of the Cleveland HiBORE XL and XL Tour?

In the bag:
8.5* Titleist 975D- Penley ETA xstiff
15* Cleveland Launcher- Launcher Gold Stiff
19* Titleist 503H True Temper S300
3-PW Cleveland TA4- Tour Action graphite stiff54* BeCu Cleveland 58860* Maxfli Winners SeriesPING TSI Ally 1Pro V1

Any reviews or opinions of the Cleveland HiBORE XL and XL Tour?

I got to hit them both a couple of weeks back.

They launch much more traditionally and spun much more than the older model, they don't have that same style of moon ball off the face that just falls out of the air. I don't spin the ball much with the driver, and that's what always kept me away from the old HiBore. The scoop is also blended into the crown much better in the new models, it's not as severe a transition as before. It still feels very solid, and you can tell by the sound when you hit one dead center vs. off center. Both set up very square much like the old HiBore although I'm skeptical that the Tour is really the stated 3* open. . . One thing I didn't particularly care for though was the black pearl on the sole. Although it looks neat, the demo was brand new in the morning and by the time it was over you could see the sole beginning to wear a bit.

Note: This thread is 6306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!