IGNORED

If I had a good range 3 minutes from my front door, I would...

Note: This thread is 4631 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Practice everyday, sometimes 1/2 hr, sometimes 1.5 hrs. My short game would be so much better. There has to be more but I can't think of any right now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live 2 minutes from our golf course which has a driving range. This year I finally purchased a range membership and I will be out there for at least an hour every day on the driving range/putting green. I am determined to get into a single digit handicap this year so the work comes in this year.

Or, buy a hitting cage and driving range matt. I think I got my setup for $600 from skillbuilder.com. I've had it for 4 years and have had the benefit of hitting 10's of thousands of balls.

I'd bring my TV/iPad, a comfy chair, refreshments and watch the US Open and take swings during the commercials.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Hey, I do have a good range three minutes from my front door. ;-) Well, maybe 5.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a crappy indoor range 3 minutes from my place.

Wanna hit a full 7iron/8iron/9iron/pitching wedge? forgettaboutit

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I live on a 9 hole course but the range is crap. You can only hit off mats which I won't do, and the "putting green" is pretty much concrete with pool table felt on it.

On the other hand I have one 5 mins from work so I'm there for everyday for my hour lunch and a couple times a week after work

In my  2.0 Lite bag:

Driver:  Superfast 10.5* stiff flex

3 Wood:  Superfast 2.0

4-SW: SQ Machspeed

GW:  52.08

Putter:  Rossa Daytona

My backyard of my previous house was OB for the 15th hole, the range was less than a minutes walk yet I only played the course twice and used the range once.  At the time I lived there, I wasn't interested in playing golf plus business and home life was too hectic to find the time.  I wish I still lived there I'd be on the range daily and on the course at least twice a week.

Joe Paradiso

• 1 month later...

I live on the Hampden Country club, in Hampden, MA.

they have a great putting green, chipping green and driving range.

my first membership is this year for the sole purpose of utilizing the practice more-so than than playing rounds.

I can walk up to the range in 5 minutes, or drive it in 2

I hope it helps my game!!

I know it will help my wallet as a bucket of 120 balls is $15. The membership should be cheaper than the cost of rounds+range balls.

Home Course: Hampden Country Club;  Hampden, MA

I have about 5 acres and can hit about 280 yards before going onto my neighbors property. I usually hit shag balls every day. I have improved my game tremendously because of this. I would not be going to the range as often if it wasn't as convenient. For markers I put up 5' pieces of pvc spaced apart 25 yards starting at 75 yards. Sometimes when I'm picking up balls, I will take my 52* and chip to a marker. My short game really improved since starting this. I have friends who never go to the range. Myself, I can't get better just playing a round of golf without the rangefor practice. Heck, I would put in a putting green if they weren't so expensive/hard to maintain!

I've got a range 5 minutes away (Ohio State Golf Club) and got a range membership this year.  I try to go at least every other day but it's been closed the past week+ for the Nationwide Tour.  It opens back up on Wednesday and you can bet I'll be there.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

Note: This thread is 4631 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!