IGNORED

My Club Chamiponship is this weekend

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played well today. Shot an 82 and am currently 4th in my flight out of 16 guys.

Started the front 9 even through 8 after back to back birdies, then a greenside bunker shot rolled off the sloped green on 9 back 40 yards down into the fairway. Ended up shooting 2 over on the front.

Putter decided to fall asleep as I had 22 putts on the back 9 for a 9 over side. Good news, is that the 1st place spot shot 77, so our group is pretty tight.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ended up 82-86-86. Lots of wind and rain on the weekend. Didn't putt well either. Ended up 2nd place Net and 4th Gross. Our champion shot 77-76-69 to win by 2 shots.

Overall Im happy with my total weekend, but I left a lot of putts out there this weekend. Finished 10 back from my flight winner.

I am buying an Edel putter by the end of the year. No questions asked.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

first flight guy shot 69 from the tips? bs

Championship flight. I lost the first flight by 10 shots. Good buddy shot 79-85-80 to win our flight.

Kyle Paulhus

There is a free, stroke play tournament at a local course next weekend and I'm assuming it's the club championship.  I was excited to give it a whirl but then I noticed it required membership in the state golf association.  I'm not opposed to being a member of such a thing but what is annoying is this is only the second tournament I've seen this year (and I'm pretty sure it's the last) that allows a player to enter as a single.

I don't plan on living here long so I'm am not particularly interested in trying to create a foursome to enter tournaments with.  I would simply like to show up and play.

Is this how it is all over the country with tournaments requiring groups to enter?  I briefly looked into events last summer and I saw more or less the same nonsense.  Are people really that afraid to play with strangers?  Is it really that hard to schedule singles?  What does it matter if someone is a member of a golf association if it's a free, stroke play event?  I mean I guess it could keep the place from being overrun but in my case I have a season pass so I would most likely be out there playing anyway.

It's quite annoying being faced with paying the association fee, the handicap fee, and the then tournament entry fee to play in a grand total of 2 tournaments all year.  Hopefully things are better in a bigger metro area.

And sorry for the semi hijack, this seemed somewhat related and I didn't want to start a whole new thread. :-D

Mine was this weekend as well.... I was in a good position after day one was 2 strokes back of the leader came out in the final round and was 4 under par through 12 then i proceeded to play the next 4 holes 6 over par (triple on 13, double on 14, birdie on 15, double on 16)  ended up shooting two over par 73 on a par 71.  The winning score was 71-71 for a 142 total i ended up at a 146 overall.  Pretty disappointing finish considering my drive was 130 yards out in the middle of the fairway on 13 and i tripled it.

• 4 weeks later...
I won my 2nd Club Championship 2 weeks ago- 74-69 (par 69). Course played really hard the 1st round with lots of tucked pins and a mid-round storm with some rain and really heavy winds. Thursday, I am in the finals of the match play championship, played at 50% handicap. My opponent is a former shop pro who finished 2nd in the Club Championship and we will be playing even. I beat him most of the season in Men's league, but think he is better at match play than he is at stroke play, so it should be a good match.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

first flight guy shot 69 from the tips? bs

Depends...........a score by itself means nothing.   The question to ask is what was the CR from the tees played?   Heck...the CR may be 64.0-65.0 which puts a 69 into perspective.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!