IGNORED

Course info for Birmingham, AL Please

tngreg
Note: This thread is 4691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello

I'll be in Birmingham AL doing volunteer storm relief work Aug 6th - Aug 10th.

I'm from EAST TN and it'll be my first time to play golf in bama....i know it will be HOTT at that time of year!

Any suggestion on a place in/near Birmingham to do an affordable evening round or maybe an early weekday round on my last day?

Thanks all!

tngreg

Greg there are many courses in the Birmingham area. I have no suggestions for you tho, sorry. Not playing for very long hasn't had me venturing out further than a 30 mile radius to play other courses.  Thank you for showing your support in the relief effort.

There's lot's of options around the 'Ham.  BTW, thank you for your volunteer efforts! If I knew where you were staying or working it would help narrow down the choices.  Here's some variety.

Perhaps the ones you'll hear about first are the Robert Trent Jones options: Oxmoor Valley has (2) 18 hole courses; The Ridge and the Valley. Ridge is the more difficult of the two. Difficult target golf due to hogback fairways and uneven lies in the rough. Good course but some people complain that it's too hard.  The other RTJ course is Ross Bridge (also in BIrmingham). It's kind of a resort course. Nice course but pretty expensive for what it is.  BTW, you'll drive past another RTJ course on the way to and from East TN if you want to really play a lot.

Other good courses around Birmingham include Oak Mtn State Park near Pelham (just south of town).  It's a great deal. $35 including cart although it's very walkable for $20. Beautiful course but the greens are a little slow. Smooth, just a little slower.

Eagle Point is good and on Hwy 280 a little out of town. Park-like course with nice greens. Med challenge.

In town, Highlands GC is a public course that's literally in town. Amazing shape for an intown course. Not real hard but convenient.

Ballantrae is in Pelham and I really like it.  More links style.

Timberline is in Calera about 30 min south and a really good course.

Bent Brook has 3 nine hole courses that can be combined into any combination. It's a good course; more wide open than some of others.

LImestone Springs in is Oneota. Probably too out of the way unless you were working up that directions. A great course, however.

Let me know more specifics about your area  and interests and I'll try to help you narrow it down.

Note: This thread is 4691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!