IGNORED

PING Eye 2s Are the Best Irons Ever Created

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I know who this famousdavis is! Look at what we know about him.

A) He hits his Eye 2's so purely that the entire range stops to admire and just watching him will knock off 2 strokes off your handicap.

B) His negotiating prowess is so legendary that the seller actually pays him!

C) He has so much self-knowledge (not sure if this is an actual thing but since he said it I'll go with it) that college courses about him require a letter of recommendation from Ping Mfg.

D) He is so good looking that women skip their period when he walks by.

All this can add up to only one thing. He is....the most interesting man in the world.

Originally Posted by 1par2win

I think I know who this famousdavis is! Look at what we know about him.

A) He hits his Eye 2's so purely that the entire range stops to admire and just watching him will knock off 2 strokes off your handicap.

B) His negotiating prowess is so legendary that the seller actually pays him!

C) He has so much self-knowledge (not sure if this is an actual thing but since he said it I'll go with it) that college courses about him require a letter of recommendation from Ping Mfg.

D) He is so good looking that women skip their period when he walks by.

All this can add up to only one thing. He is....the most interesting man in the world.

I think you've overstated things a bit but I will tell you a story.  The other day I was playing golf with my buddy and these two ex-military "hackers' joined us.  In case you don't know, a hacker is someone who hits an OK shot and then the next one goes 6 feet.  Anyway, I was really on my game that day and this one guy says to me "you are the best player that I've ever played a round of golf with".  After the 5th hole he started asking me if I would hit his driver.  It was a Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5 degree with Matrix Stiff.   I started hitting it on every hole and just bombing it.  He told me that he wanted to make sure it was him and not the club.   After the round he told me that he was going to buy a set of Ping Eye 2 irons because I hit them so well.

I don't tell these stories to impress you.  Rather, I tell them to impress upon you the importance of having the right irons.  For me, the only right irons are Ping Eye 2s.  Everything else and you might as well be playing field hockey.

When my grandpa passed away he left me his set of Ping Eye 2's and his old leather staff bag. My parents still have them in their basement. I played with them for the first 2 years of my high school career and have always loved them. Great irons!

Originally Posted by famousdavis

I think you've overstated things a bit but I will tell you a story.  The other day I was playing golf with my buddy and these two ex-military "hackers' joined us.  In case you don't know, a hacker is someone who hits an OK shot and then the next one goes 6 feet.  Anyway, I was really on my game that day and this one guy says to me "you are the best player that I've ever played a round of golf with".  After the 5th hole he started asking me if I would hit his driver.  It was a Taylormade Superfast TP 9.5 degree with Matrix Stiff.   I started hitting it on every hole and just bombing it.  He told me that he wanted to make sure it was him and not the club.   After the round he told me that he was going to buy a set of Ping Eye 2 irons because I hit them so well.

I don't tell these stories to impress you.  Rather, I tell them to impress upon you the importance of having the right irons.  For me, the only right irons are Ping Eye 2s.  Everything else and you might as well be playing field hockey.

Ahhh but you have impressed me. Just a little while ago you were talking about heading out to go play a round and here you are contributing on the Sandtrap. Must be using a smart phone between shots. Of course I suppose nothing is impossible when all the world stops and admires those...what was the name of those irons again???

All right man, hope you didn't take too much offense by all this. Glad you have found your perfect set of irons. I'll say this for ya, your one strange cat, that's for sure.

Don't forget that he took the time to register for multiple dummy accounts.

Maybe if he spent more time practicing and less time "negotiating" he'd be good enough to handle blades...

Originally Posted by 1par2win

Ahhh but you have impressed me. Just a little while ago you were talking about heading out to go play a round and here you are contributing on the Sandtrap. Must be using a smart phone between shots. Of course I suppose nothing is impossible when all the world stops and admires those...what was the name of those irons again???

All right man, hope you didn't take too much offense by all this. Glad you have found your perfect set of irons. I'll say this for ya, your one strange cat, that's for sure.

This guy has got to be joking.

The best player I've ever seen play live played with Adams Tight Lies irons (I posted about this), which are very cheap irons.  On his way to shooting -2 on TPC Louisiana from the way back tees, he said he liked them alot and left it at that.  I had with me (at the time) Cobra s9s.  He hit my 6 on one hole and it looked pretty much exactly like the Tight Lies 6 when he hit that, although it leaked right about 5-6 yards.

Its the player, not the irons.  Although I do think with putters it can really make a difference.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by johnclayton1982

This guy has got to be joking.

The best player I've ever seen play live played with Adams Tight Lies irons (I posted about this), which are very cheap irons.  On his way to shooting -2 on TPC Louisiana from the way back tees, he said he liked them alot and left it at that.  I had with me (at the time) Cobra s9s.  He hit my 6 on one hole and it looked pretty much exactly like the Tight Lies 6 when he hit that, although it leaked right about 5-6 yards.

Its the player, not the irons.  Although I do think with putters it can really make a difference.

In general I would agree with you.  However, when it comes to Ping Eye 2 irons they really are better.  I just shot even par with them on the front 9.  I'm about to go out on the back nine.  Trying to beat my best score of 68.  Wish me luck lads!

Originally Posted by famousdavis

In general I would agree with you.  However, when it comes to Ping Eye 2 irons they really are better.  I just shot even par with them on the front 9.  I'm about to go out on the back nine.  Trying to beat my best score of 68.  Wish me luck lads!

You're probably the funniest poster I've seen in a long while

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Personally I find this thread hilarious. However, it got even better for me when I saw the OP's avatar. When I first saw pics of the ping sydney putter last week, I almost threw up a little in my mouth as that putter is one of the ugliest putters I have ever seen. I think I even mentioned it to my girlfriend that was sitting next to me and she agreed. But, I guess this avatar (and my reaction) fits this thread to a tee. Nevertheless, golf clubs would never be mass produced if they didn't achieve some type of goal (ability to shape shots, be forgiving, increase distance, improve turf interaction, improve shot trajectory(whether higher or lower), etc.) and this proves true with the eye 2 + no + (according to the OP... penetrating trajectory, being deadly accurate to the point of not even needing a SW, etc.) or the sydney putter (Interesting aiming lines, perimeter weighting to improve MOI, etc). If the clubs fit the player's eye (pun intended, had to have at least 1) and meet their needs, then by all means game them.

What brand and model are we talking about, again?

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Originally Posted by chaptowngolfteam

Personally I find this thread hilarious. However, it got even better for me when I saw the OP's avatar. When I first saw pics of the ping sydney putter last week, I almost threw up a little in my mouth as that putter is one of the ugliest putters I have ever seen. I think I even mentioned it to my girlfriend that was sitting next to me and she agreed. But, I guess this avatar (and my reaction) fits this thread to a tee. Nevertheless, golf clubs would never be mass produced if they didn't achieve some type of goal (ability to shape shots, be forgiving, increase distance, improve turf interaction, improve shot trajectory(whether higher or lower), etc.) and this proves true with the eye 2 + no + (according to the OP... penetrating trajectory, being deadly accurate to the point of not even needing a SW, etc.) or the sydney putter (Interesting aiming lines, perimeter weighting to improve MOI, etc). If the clubs fit the player's eye (pun intended, had to have at least 1) and meet their needs, then by all means game them.

I haven't seen the Ping Sydney in person so the I'll hold judgement for now.  I've always been one to hold back judgement soley on appearance.  I think that's what keeps people from playing the Eye 2 irons.  They see the tumbled finish, the colored dot in the middle and the absence of a cheap, plastic hosel and they rush to judgement.  If they would just try the Eye 2 they would come to love its performance.  They look great in the bag (a Ping bag) and they hold their value like no other iron.  I feel lucky.

I can't believe I wasted my time reading all these posts?!?  Curiousity I guess.

I just can't believe someone comes on to a golf forum and talks about how great a club is and no iron compares and then says what they have all the way down to the divot tool.  Clubs are all the same.  I think ping makes some nice clubs, but so does everyone else.  To YOU those old ass irons are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What a stupid thread.

Brian

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

To YOU those old ass irons are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What a stupid thread.

... Although a slice of bread on a stick would look smaller at address (and better looking!)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I think its funny that he thinks a 3 handicap is a "good" golfer.

His best score is a 68...and he's a three time club champion???  That wouldn't even win the A flight, in a "real" golf club. Good luck in the Junior division.  No wonder you like Eye2's, your a hack.

I tell where you are really missing the boat...the Gutta-Percha Ball!!!  The click it makes when it flies of my Mashie is amazing, and its 185 yards of carry makes me the 4 time Greater Luxembourg Water Buffalo lodge Champion.

I mean just the other day, I was hitting some Gutta’s (that’s what us people in the know call them) and everyone was stopping to watch me hit.  In fact a celebrity, Captain Cave Man, stopped and asked if I could play with him on the Hanna-Barbera tour and he would caddy.  We had to cut our conversation short, because the combination of the pure Gutta ball striking clinic I had just put on and chest hair was more than the ladies of the local ladies day golf outing could stand and caused a bit of a riot.

Well I'm off to break the course record at the TPC Gotham City and maybe cure cancer and solve world hunger at the turn.....Chow Hacks!

Wow... I may be new to this forum but I am not new to forums in general.  You'd think by now I'd be used to this sort of junk, but it never ceases to surprise me.  I'm not going to engage in the conversation, but I will comment on it - I'm sorry I read the whole thing, but I couldn't help myself (like a slow car wreck).

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Hello, I am new to golf and looking for suggestions on a set of irons...any ideas?

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!