IGNORED

Callaway RAZR X or Diablo Edge Irons

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking for a new set of irons to replace my Cobra S9 II irons.

Narrowed it down to either Callaway's Diablo Edge or RAZR X irons. My handicap last year was 18, but with a new right hip replacement six months ago, I have added some more strokes.

I need some recommendations, especially from anyone who has played one or both of these Callaway irons. Pros and cons of each iron would be greatly appreciated.

Lew

While I haven't hit the Razr X irons, I have played the Diablo Edge irons when renting a set of clubs recently.

They were about as opposite as possible from the clubs I am currently playing, and being standard lie and stiff flex I thought they would be pretty inconsistent.  Although I don't enjoy the looks, they clubs performed really well.  They are very forgiving, and the gigantic sole saved a few bad swings from the rough.  More than anything, these were consistently straight and easy to hit.

If you can, I'd try them against the Razr X as well as other irons you like.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!