• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Callaway RAZR X or Diablo Edge Irons

2 posts in this topic

I am looking for a new set of irons to replace my Cobra S9 II irons.

Narrowed it down to either Callaway's Diablo Edge or RAZR X irons. My handicap last year was 18, but with a new right hip replacement six months ago, I have added some more strokes.

I need some recommendations, especially from anyone who has played one or both of these Callaway irons. Pros and cons of each iron would be greatly appreciated.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

While I haven't hit the Razr X irons, I have played the Diablo Edge irons when renting a set of clubs recently.

They were about as opposite as possible from the clubs I am currently playing, and being standard lie and stiff flex I thought they would be pretty inconsistent.  Although I don't enjoy the looks, they clubs performed really well.  They are very forgiving, and the gigantic sole saved a few bad swings from the rough.  More than anything, these were consistently straight and easy to hit.

If you can, I'd try them against the Razr X as well as other irons you like.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Top Five Favorite Scary Movies
      By jsgolfer · Posted
      Only 5.  LOL Alien Halloween  The Shining The Thing  The Omen (Original Version) - This movie scares the bejeezus out of me still. On the outside of 5 REC Evil Dead Dawn of the Dead (Either version) 28 Days Later Event Horizon Jeepers Creepers Hellraiser The Descent    My daughter and I love horror movies.  I watch them all, nothing like having the hair on the back or your neck stand up.          
    • Do you carry the Rules of Golf with you when you play?
      By mvmac · Posted
      Ok let's get this thread back on topic. Here's a refresher for what the topic is. I do the same thing as @DaveP043, I have a book in my bag. I rarely use it but I like knowing it's there just in case.
    • Wooden tees
      By NJpatbee · Posted
      I will break 3-4 tees with my driver for 18 holes (usually 14 drives).  If I am working on my driver at the range breaking 8-12 tees is not unusual.  I do use the 3 1/4" tees and have a 17.7 HCP so it is easy for me to crack a wooden tee.  I pick up the large bags of 3 1/4" wooden tees at big box stores when I see them and the cost is not an issue - I just need to remember to load up before a range session.
    • Driver: angle of attack, swing path and the bottom of the swing
      By WillIamnl · Posted
      Hi guys,   i'm spending a lot of time thinking about the golf swing with the driver. Very interested to hear your thoughts on: 1)  where does your swing with the driver bottom: a) in the middle of your stance (similar to your swing with irons) b) right before the ball, teed up inside your left foot 2) what is the ideal angle of attack - hitting up on the ball or hitting down on the ball? 3) swing path - do you alter your swing path with your driver vs irons? If you hit up on the ball, wont the natural swing path makes you pull thr shot (heading to the left)? 4) tee height - i think a lot of people are in favor of teeing the ball higher (modelling after Bubba) - this makes sure you hit the ball on the upswing - less spin, more distance) - but again, doesnt the natural path of the swing forces the ball to the left. how does one make the club face square a couple inches after the bottoming of the swing? (I assume that with irons by club face is square at impact, coinciding with the bottom of the swing. interestes to hear your thoughts and experiences on this!   thanks            
    • My Swing (ygmondoux)
      By ygmondoux · Posted
      Played a good round of golf yesterday +5 in a hard 74.3 rating golf course. My driving was amazing, 280+ in cold weather in the fairway: missed 3 fairways and not by much. My second shots were abysmal, 7 greens in regulation. 4 in 4 on par 5, (I'm usually on or near in two strokes.) After the round I practiced my second shots, first time this year on grass... I guess that is the big problem, I don't have the same familiar feedback I get on mat, it feels so different.  I think I could shave a few strokes by practicing on actual grass once in a while.   
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries