IGNORED

Do You Support the PGA's "Tee It Forward" Effort?

lville lefty
Note: This thread is 3568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you support the "Tee It Forward" effort being made by the PGA and USGA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Followed another group of dreamers last night. Thankfully not in any hurry, was there mostly to practice around the greens so I didn't make any attempt to get close enough to pass them. When I got close I waited on the cart path and sipped beer, it was really nice last night. Anyway they  played blacks recommended for 5-11 handicaps, 6950 yards with par 4's in the 450 range. These clowns were probably in the 25 range. Short hitters and all over the place. See the construction area in the pic, they hit their balls so far right into that Sarah Palin couldn't find it. Spent probably 8-9 minutes looking before they dropped one. Funny thing was they went to the other side near the cart path and dropped on the short grass. I was about to pee my pants I was laughing so much watching them on this hole.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Followed another group of dreamers last night. Thankfully not in any hurry, was there mostly to practice around the greens so I didn't make any attempt to get close enough to pass them. When I got close I waited on the cart path and sipped beer, it was really nice last night. Anyway they  played blacks, recommended for 5-11 handicaps, and these clowns were probably in the 25 range. Short hitters and all over the place. See the construction area in the pic, they hit their balls so far right into that Sarah Palin couldn't find it. Spent probably 8-9 minutes looking before they dropped one. Funny thing was they went to the other side near the cart path and dropped on the short grass. I was about to pee my pants I was laughing so much watching them on this hole.

A little commentary about our prospective right sided political vice president 6 years ago? :-$

I played 2 seniors and one lady today, and they played the correct tees. Generally, bogey golf. Which for their distances was phenomenal.

It was a really enjoyable round lasting about a leisurely 4:15 hours.

I've never seen a senior off the wrong tees, but many late 20's to early 30's players that were definitely on the wrong ones.

A little bit guilty myself of using the wrong tees:

However, I have been guilty of going on the tees designed for the 275 yard players before. The additional 28 yards did not seem that unreasonable.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

There have to be more options.  I can't believe that anyone in the Metro area is stuck on one course when it's that bad.  Or is the north area just loaded with clueless players?

It's a symptom of being so far out. If I don't play in this area it's a lot of driving and the city courses are usually booked open to close. To get from where I live in Brighton, near Barr lake, to Westminster is about 40-50 minutes in traffic. I have booked times as late as 6:40 PM at the 9 hole course at Hyland Hills. But that's a pretty long day, working 9-6 then driving 40-50 minutes twice to play 9 holes. Weekends it's not a problem but I work until 6. Just to get to the home course a few minutes away requires leaving a little early to get there before they put carts up for the day.

I've never seen so much slow play before just the last 3-4 weeks have been bad. But it's been real bad. I think some of it due to I've simply played too much golf. It doesn't feel like a special day or anything. I'm not as excited to get out as I once was. My goals are more score and goals related now than when I just went to have fun. If I get there and it's a death march it feels like a waste of time. I'm spending around $150 on tee times just to leave angry because I've either had to wait or skip holes. So some of it is on me. If I get there and start wishing I wasn't it's usually not a good time.

You need to come to Florida. My home course(s) book over 2.3 million tee times a year. I play 3 to 4 times a week. I will admit we have had to wait many times to hit a shot but I've never played a round over 10 minutes past the 4:15 target time, and that's the exception not the rule. The rates are great, weekdays are the same as weekends. I can play 18 in the morning for $26, $18 after 11 am and $6 after 5 pm. Can usually get the full 18 in after 5 if there is no traffic, but definitely 9+. Rates are about 25% more in the winter. Come on down. http://www.golfthevillages.com/

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

I wish. Haven't been on vacation since 2005. Two blind dogs that require Rx 4x a day and owning a biz is a ball and chain.

Dave :-)

I wish. Haven't been on vacation since 2005. Two blind dogs that require Rx 4x a day .....

You're a good man Dave....! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!