IGNORED

lower hand at impact = lower spin?

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rip24

James, why do you bother posting if you dont want to get in on the discussion.  Congratulations, you screwed up the thread and now we are talking about chewbaca the wookie.  You really think somebody is trolling these message boards for your thoughts on the swing to relay it over to Luke Donald?   What an ego....

Actually, yes. That is exactly what some are doing thank you very much.

Like I said which was ontopic (unlike your post) there needs to be clarification of what people are talking about. Handle height at setup compared to impact. Or if the handle is lowering or raising during impact interval.

This has an affect on swing direction and spin rates.

No need to apologize, I forgive you.

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

Originally Posted by Rip24

James, why do you bother posting if you dont want to get in on the discussion.  Congratulations, you screwed up the thread and now we are talking about chewbaca the wookie.  You really think somebody is trolling these message boards for your thoughts on the swing to relay it over to Luke Donald?   What an ego....

Originally Posted by james_hirshfield

Actually, yes. That is exactly what some are doing thank you very much.

Like I said which was ontopic (unlike your post) there needs to be clarification of what people are talking about. Handle height at setup compared to impact. Or if the handle is lowering or raising during impact interval.

This has an affect on swing direction and spin rates.

No need to apologize, I forgive you.

Yes it is very much true, we have been warned about spy's watching what we say on twitter, FB and on here.  There is a certain instructor that is running out of time, pulling straws and outsourcing his Trackman info from a former S&T; instructor.  His recent article in Golf Digest talking about taking a divot with a driver, shows he's being led down the wrong path.  The correct info will be presented this year and will be timestamped.  Not going to have any problems like there was with Sean O'Hair.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yes it is very much true, we have been warned about spy's watching what we say on twitter, FB and on here.  There is a certain instructor that is running out of time, pulling straws and outsourcing his Trackman info from a former S&T; instructor.  His recent article in Golf Digest talking about taking a divot with a driver, shows he's being led down the wrong path.  The correct info will be presented this year and will be timestamped.  Not going to have any problems like there was with Sean O'Hair.

Wow... This could get interesting considering the only article I can think of talking about Drivers and divots is from Sean Foley....  I'm guessing you won't elaborate though  :)

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

I have to repeat myself because the OP can be taken in differing views. lowerING... as in hands ACTUALLY getting lower from P6.8-P7.3 OR just lower than they were at Setup.

In which case they won't be lower than they were at setup (unless you setup like Chris DiMarco) and hit slices (wait... thats his pattern too),

But you would probably (hint) want to swing a little to the right with the driver....

Originally Posted by Hoganwoods

Wow... This could get interesting considering the only article I can think of talking about Drivers and divots is from Sean Foley....  I'm guessing you won't elaborate though  :)

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

I know it seems ridiculous but it is true.  It's not really as much on here but def on facebook and twitter.  You'll  notice we never talk about Tiger's swing #hisean  It kills me but I've been sworn to secrecy.  All the "answers" are on this site though, check out  the "Swing Thoughts" forum.

Mike McLoughlin

I will never get those 2 minutes back...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

That's weird considering he has many students who drive the ball quite well...

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

• 1 year later...

That's weird considering he has many students who drive the ball quite well...

apparently Rose and Mahan don't count for much......lol, I've now heard it all. For how much 'free' info is given out on this site why would anyone care if 'elite' instructors were paying attention. Copying is supposed to be the highest form of flattery.

Originally Posted by RadarNinja

apparently Rose and Mahan don't count for much......lol, I've now heard it all. For how much 'free' info is given out on this site why would anyone care if 'elite' instructors were paying attention. Copying is supposed to be the highest form of flattery.

My last post on this thread was a year and a half ago.  Like I said I was asked by some friends at the time to not comment on Tiger's swings.  Now it's not really a big deal.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!