IGNORED

Driver issues...

Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys I'm in some dire need of assistance. I recently changed my posture and grip, posture is taller, arms closer to my chest and body and my grip is like the hogan left hand grip and the right is more towards the right shoulder.

I have heard that my right hand grip should be the way it is to help square the club face at impact. I usually miss right...

I have also been having some trouble with my impact on my driver and its the only club I am catching the heel on quite a bit which is forcing more balls to the right as well.

Let me know of some things I can work on at the range tomorrow!

PS... I am NOT going to start changing up settings on my driver unless I need it flat or upright...

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

i bet its because your use to standing further away. your probably swinging down like you use to, but your standing taller and closer to the ball.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive been struggling badly the last few days with my driver.  Same issue i had at about the same time last year.   For some reason I cant seem to get any elevation with my tee shots, hitting really low shots that go straight into the ground and killing my distance.  Same with the 3 wood as well.  So bad that i even went to hitting my 3 hybrid off the tee but which works on shorter par 4's but leaves shots way too long into longer par 4's and par 5's.   I dont remember how i got past it last year or what i did, think it was just a slight error in ball position or dropping my right shoulder too much or something like that.   Its just crazy, started the back 9 on Saturday and havent been able to figure out how to correct it since then.  I felt bad physically saturday and I thought that was affecting my swing but now i realize thats not to blame.  Im not a great player by any means but it seems like im not doing anything differently and I had gotten fairly consistent with my driver up to this point this year.  I did buy a newer driver recently but I went back to the old driver(still have both in the bag) and have the same problem so its not the new club either.   My irons are off a bit as well since then but nothing as severe as the horrible shots coming from my driver.   Funny part is I will still making bogeys for the most part(shot a 47(+11)yesterday even with horrible tee shots though i was getting help with hard fast conditions as the ball would get extra roll even with those horrible shots, even started out with 2 pars as one hole was a par 3 and the next was a short par 5.    I think its mostly mental at this point, might simply step away for a few days, I play pretty often but I need to play often to maintain any sort of consistency.   I need at least 3-4 times a week and at least one range session.   If i went out and only played on weekends like a lot of people or even less often Id be horrible.   Maybe the hot weather lately is affecting me possibly but that never seemed the case before.   And i may go out next time and get back on track who knows, maybe just mentally and physically burnt out and need some time away.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

You're must likely coming over the top.  Think about keeping your right elbow close to your right hip on the downswing (assuming you are a righty) easy way to come from the inside.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Check the angle of your arms at address and impact. Stuck inside means you won't fully rotate thru impact, check the position of your hands and arms and make sure they are "hanging" directly under or just outside your shoulders so you can make a full turn. I tend to push when I am stuck too far inside.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

maybe it just started when he made the change

but we all know that everyone here drives the ball 300+yds

arsenal+++ post a vid so we can see your swing

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!