IGNORED

uPro upgraded to uxplore - lost all of my credits

Snorks
Note: This thread is 4667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Boy.. not a happy camper today.  I bought a large number of credits for my uPro last year.  Calloway has "upgrade" their software to uexplore.  Looks like the intent was to lower the cost for the average person, and to open up the features more.... both good things for new customers.

With that said, they did not bring existing customers pro-mode credits forward.  I had 400 remaining credits and now they are all gone.  I need to either buy the 25 course package $30, or the unlimited option for another $59.99.

I'm off to a golf vacation this week so that's when I noticed this issue when I tried to get new courses.  Of course it won't get resolved unless I purchase one of the other options since Calloway works Mon-Friday and I'm leaving on Monday.

Has anyone else lost all of their credits?

I just went onto the website.  I had only 12 credits remaining and they converted my account to the 25 course package for free and gave me the option to upgrade to unlimited for $30.

I would definitely contact them.  If you lost 400 credits... you got royally screwed.  Those credits weren't cheap.  I think I purchased 30 credits for $60 initially.  They should refund you something.  That's absurd that they can make changes like this without notice.

Good luck.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't own a upro but was thinking about it.  I love Callaway equipment, but they've turned their upro rollout into a complete disaster.  If a business person wanted to write a book on how not to launch a new product, the Callaway upro would be a classic.  A completely incompetent product launch on multiple levels.  I'm sure Callaway will eventually get things right for their customers, but there are some people at Callaway that should unfortunately loose their jobs due to this fiasco.

And I hope you can get your credits issue resolved.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

they converted my credits.. actually may have gotten "more"... i cannot find where to purchase new credits... any clue?? $30 unlimited would be amazing!

Tour Burner 9.0 Reax Stiff
X-Speed 3+ Aldila DVS Stiff
S57 Blades... Rifle 6.0 Flighted
CG12 Black Wedges 52, 56, 60
Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

Originally Posted by Topper

I love Callaway equipment, but they've turned their upro rollout into a complete disaster.  If a business person wanted to write a book on how not to launch a new product, the Callaway upro would be a classic.  A completely incompetent product launch on multiple levels.

I've had a uPro for years and have had no issues with the recent software upgrade or anything else related to my ownership.  I suppose it would've been nice if there was some advance notice about the upgrade, but it wasn't really needed - the first time you connect your uPro it tells you about the change and walks you through creating a new account.

Originally Posted by xDeathFollowsDaybreakx

they converted my credits.. actually may have gotten "more"... i cannot find where to purchase new credits... any clue?? $30 unlimited would be amazing!

There is no longer a credit system. Instead, there are now 2 plans - one with (IIRC) a 30 course limit and one with unlimited. Since I had 40 or so credits at the time of the switch, they gave me unlimited. Not sure what the cutoff point was.

Bill

Originally Posted by xDeathFollowsDaybreakx

30 course limit?? does that mean i can only DL 30 promode couses total??

I just double checked - it's actually 25 pro mode courses (as folks above have posted) . The cost for that is $30 and the cost for unlimited is $60. Yes, with the 25 course plan you can download 25 courses. That is exactly the same as the previous price structure if you bought 150 courses for $180 (which was the cheapest option), and much better than the previous plan if you didn't want to shell out $180 at a time. If you need another 25 courses, I assume you just pay another $30. If you expect to need more than 50 courses, you'd want the unlimited plan. Basic courses (non pro-mode) are still free.

Seems like an ok deal to me. Certainly no worse than before the change.

Bill

agreed... just a lot of unexplained stuff!! some of the new game tracker features look really cool... not sure if us upro non MX users will have access to any of it... we shall see... anyone else experience the screen of your device getting scratched up almost making it unreadable?? mine is BAD!!

Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

Just to clear Calloway's name.  I contacted them today (was away on a golfing trip ironically).   Anyway, after waiting 1.5 hours they gave me unlimited courses in a matter of 2 minutes.   I guess there was some option that I didn't notice when I upgraded..  not sure why you need to click something to automatically transfer your credits.. but that's another question...

Anyway, all is good.  I have a uPro with unlimited courses again.  Good luck to anyone else going through this.

anyone else experiencing a lot of scratches on the face of their upro?? mine is so bad that it is very hard to read in any lighting conditions...

Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

YEAH... their online support is pretty weak... sent 2 emails.. havent heard back.. that was 5 days ago... i didnt see any options for unlimited when i updated.. i would definitely like to!! maybe ill give em a call today on my lengthy commute... wish me luck!!

Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

I've now encountered this as I went to add a few courses I plan to play in the near future. Sure enough, I'm having that trouble. But wait, it gets better: it isn't recognizing my log in information. So I can't even add basic mode courses. WHY did they make it that I have to log in to use basic courses? On top of that, I registered a new account on their new site when it told me it didn't recognize any of my email addresses OR any of the log in names I use! So it couldn't even allow me to use "Forgot password." To make matters worse, the name it said it recognized as associated with my uPro - Shindig - was not yet taken. So I couldn't have had it! And that's the first name I go to for these things. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE - when I registered, they emailed me my password IN PLAIN TEXT. That just took a HUGE amount of Callaway's credibility from me; I've had a few workable complaints about their customer service in the past, but this is about the worst thing I've seen from them. Callaway needs to urgently do two things: 1. Make it easy for us to add to our uPros in the way we want. I've never had to log in before for basic mode. Connect, sync, add basic mode. Reserve log in for pro mode or whatever, but seriously -- for those of us using just basic mode, let us add it easily please. 2. Fix their web security. Seriously, the password in plain text is the brown M&M; backstage at a Van Halen concert; it is strongly indicative of a bigger problem. Unlike the brown M&M;, this is bad in and of itself.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

My conversion went pretty smoothly.  I logged into my old account, which then transferred me to the registration of the new site.  I completed some questions and it provided information about my uPro and told me that my account was converted to unlimited pro mode.  I still have issues syncing from my desktop (some security issue on my part), but it works fine from my laptop so overall I'm pretty happy with way they handled the conversion.

Joe Paradiso

Okay, it took over an hour, but I got it to sync... eventually. The only thing missing is my one free pro-mode that came with the uPro when I bought it six months ago, but that I've yet to use. I plan to contact them if it is not there next time I make a change to the device. I am not looking forward to the next time I have to add courses though. The plain text password still bugs me. Short of them allowing me to inspect the code to a future change to the site, I doubt I'll be purchasing anything for the uPro -- I just don't trust that they'll keep my credit card information secure. Callaway has lost a TON of my trust tonight.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have last years uPro.  I've only downloaded basic course because I really don't need anything more than yardages.  I have downloaded 89 courses in basic mode and I've been pretty happy with how the uPro works.  Sunday we are playing a course that I didn't download previously.  I connected the unit to the computer and when it opened the website the uExplore opened.  It required I sign up for the new service, which I did, before I could access the site.

When I went to download the new course in basic mode it told me I had reached the limit of 50 courses and had to delete a course before I could download the new course.  Of course this meant I would have to delete 40 courses just to add the one!  When I bought the thing you could load as many basic courses as you wanted.  The only limit was how much your flash drive could hold.  Now they have changed the rules and are telling my I have to pay another $60!

I am not a happy camper!

Originally Posted by JulieMor

I have downloaded 89 courses in basic mode... When I went to download the new course in basic mode it told me I had reached the limit of 50 courses and had to delete a course before I could download the new course...  Now they have changed the rules and are telling my I have to pay another $60!

I'm confused - why do you have to pay anything if all you want is basic mode courses? Also, 50 is just the limit on courses you can load on the device at one time - you can have an unlimited number on your computer - just delete a few (or 40) from the device and re-add them prior to playing them again.

The above is based on both their documentation and my experience - if it's not working that way for you, contact Callaway and I'm sure they can help.

Bill

Prior to the uExplore upgrade there was no limit to the number of courses I could load on my device.  And even if there was a limit, it far exceeded the 50 I'm now being told, as the previous program allowed me to upload 89 to this point.  When I went to add the new course a page popped up with two options, purchasing 25 courses for $30 or buying the unlimited package for $59.99.  The appearance was that I could only regain the ability to load unlimited courses (as long as the flash drive had space) if I purchased the unlimited package.

The uPro was a gift and along with it I got a 1GB flash drive, which was sold as an option of course.  But the salesperson said it was necessary if you wanted to load "unlimited" courses into your storage.  And if you only loaded courses in basic mode you could get an awful lot of courses on that drive.  Now it seems purchasing the larger flash drive was a waste of money.

If your drive has the space, why is Callaway now limiting how many courses you can load at one time?  In the Terms of Agreement, Callaway states they can change the Terms anytime (like they already did) and if they do, it does not give you the right to return the device.  If they are limiting the number of courses you can load to 50 that means, if you reached that limit, any time you want to add another course you have to log in, delete a course, and load another.  And that means if they change the terms they can require you to sign on to a new program (like with uExplore) or lose your ability to add new courses.  And if there's a new pricing structure change, you are stuck with that.

I was tired last night and the appearance I had to now pay upset me.  I'll log in again later today and check it out some more.

In the Terms of Agreement, Callaway states they can change the Terms anytime (like they already did) and if they do, it does not give you the right to return the device.

I wonder if this clause is legal. I know that with my internet (Time Warner), they state that if they change them, you're allowed to cancel without the cancellation fee. I can't imagine they'd put that clause in out of kindness. Callaway's customer service STILL hasn't gotten back to me from what I emailed them last Sunday. I strongly suspect that the uPro is the last Callaway item I buy.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 4667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!